Location: Hybrid – Centurion and home office
Type of employment: Fixed term
Formal qualification: Matric (grade 12) / Relevant computer science degree / Diploma
Legal requirements: Passed credit checks and criminal checks
SA citizen or valid work permit for SA
Core Function and Scope of Responsibilities: The Technical Architect will be responsible for designing the technical architecture. The role begins with understanding the business information needs and translating them into appropriate technical solutions by defining the security design, technical architecture and requirements to meet the business needs. This position requires a strong technical knowledge of hardware, operating systems, third-party software architectures with their IT security implications, the ability to grasp key business needs, implementations, and hands-on expertise to integrate the security in enterprise solutions. As a member of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to identify, prioritize and drive the execution of technical and security architectures across the enterprise. This is a great opportunity to have a strong impact on our organization and to support our customers.
Experience and skills required:
- 4-6 years of professional experience and skills (software design, development and infrastructure architecture)
- Working knowledge of the following:
- IBM MQ, for example performing upgrades, troubleshooting and running scripts
- Oracle DBMS, for example, backup, restore, capacity management, upgrades, monitoring, tuning, replication, SQL scripts and security administration
- Core operating system RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and Solaris, e.g. various tasks such as backups, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Clustering and cluster software e.g. understand the principles of clustering and failover mechanisms such as hot/cold standby and be aware of cluster software such as veritas and oracle clustering with respective advantages
- JAVA, g. use JVM to analyze applications’ Heap usage and investigate potential memory leaks;
- JBOSS PAE, Wildfly, g. repair
- Apache or alternate reverse proxy, e.g. troubleshooting
- Virtualization software (VMWare preferred), e.g. create, maintain, backup, configure operating environment and guests
- Modeling tools (EA / VISIO / UML)
- Networks, e.g. troubleshooting
- Firewalls, for example, understanding of the company’s security infrastructure, including firewalls for troubleshooting
- Understanding of the importance of Core Financial Markets Infrastructure (PFMI)
- Understand network flows and prioritization of sensitive applications
- Understand and be able to install third-party software
- Understand and be able to install company software
Additional Specific Experience:
- Clear communication between sales and technical staff (being able to explain something to non-technical staff and/or customers)
- Respect of deadlines and delivery according to needs
- Follow instructions and procedures
- Organization of architectural forums, action and follow-up
- SWF and TS interaction as well as collaboration
- Perform audits on TS internal environments ensuring they match current and future customer environments
- Perform audits on external environments ensuring they match the roadmap and TAD specifications.
- Provide guidance to TS from installation, 3rd party software and latest trends
- Provide a bridge between the technical installation team and the sales team (knowledge and understanding of products preferred)
- Sensitivity to various jurisdictions and legal frameworks
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem solving skills.
- Planning and organization
- Communicate effectively
- be proactive
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be persistent and reliable
- Be flexible
- Be able to work in a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be thorough
- Be able to produce quality work
- Have good time management skills
- Be able to work with different technologies
- Work with the software factory, including business, development and architects, as well as customers to design the most cost/performance efficient IT and security architecture to meet business needs, using modeling tools to create efficient and easy to understand diagrams (UML/EA/VISIO).
- Create an architecture framework, technical architecture design, implementation and operation of information security systems and their corresponding processes, measures and impact.
- Hands-on experience installing DBMS (Oracle, MariaDB, PostgreSQL), operating systems (RHEL and Solaris), 3rd party software (IBM MQ, JBoss, Reverse Proxies, Load balancers, etc.), virtualization software , container platforms (Kubernetes and/or OpenShift).
- Maintain company product safety throughout the product life cycle.
- Ability to audit IT systems for compliance with company standards and policies.
- Experience with the following technologies; Data loss prevention, vulnerability management tools.
- Data classification and rights management technologies.
- Ability to understand network infrastructure, hardware infrastructure, edge and internal firewalls, associated technologies to help implement use cases to meet ongoing business needs.
- Hands-on experience with computer forensic tools, methodologies, and root cause analysis review and reporting.
- History of successful infrastructure implementation.
- Written technical documentation such as architectures, process diagrams, procedures, policies, verification and validation documentation and integration diagrams, required.
- Experience in preparing summary presentations.
- Ability to work from initial concept to operational implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict deadlines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment and achieve overall goals.
- Lead customer interactions and presentations at executive and architectural level
- Concepts and strategies involving third-party applications
- WebSphere MQ
- SQL script
- IBM MQ
- RedHat Linux
- Software development
- Information Security
Desired work experience:
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
International group, specialized in major implementations of financial systems in the central banking space (interbank transactions).
Employer and Benefits:
- Provident funds
- medical aid
Find out more/Apply to this position