King’s College London is looking for a Product Owner to help us with the development and delivery of the university’s student products supporting the university’s 2029 vision and related education strategy. He will ensure that products meet business needs, are delivered to agreed standards and match architectural requirements.
You will then ensure that there is a product property for each product you are assigned to in the Education and Student domain and their Service Product Policy Groups (SPSGs), by incorporating service product policies within these groups and referring to the associated IT department. Catalog entries.
The successful candidate will be key in understanding the needs and requirements of business partners, focusing on the “what” rather than the “how”. In this capacity, the Product Owner will develop and maintain in-depth expertise of the product’s features and capabilities.
They will develop and communicate the product vision by aligning needs with capabilities, and captured in the E&S Domain SPS. Translating the understanding of business partners and products into projects and continuous improvement change initiatives.
There will also be full participation in horizontal IT leadership teams, working closely with student solution designers, as well as other solution, portfolio and service teams.
This position will be offered on a permanent contract.
This is a full-time position – 100% full-time equivalent
• Provide IT product ownership for products assigned to students
• Understand the needs and requirements of business partners, focusing on the “what” rather than the “how”
• Develop and maintain deep expertise in product features and capabilities
• Develop and communicate product vision aligning needs with capabilities, and captured in service product strategies
• Convey business partner and product understanding to project change and continuous improvement initiatives
• To participate in horizontal teams both within the IT department and through our business partners
• Ability to work under pressure, using your initiative and workload prioritization
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake the duties and responsibilities reasonably expected within the scope and classification of the position.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Graduate and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
2. Experience in a Product Owner, or similar role, who deeply understands the needs and requirements of business partners
3. Experienced in developing and maintaining expertise on product features and capabilities
4. Experienced in communicating product vision and integrating it into product strategy
5. Experienced in sharing business partner and product understanding to support project and service improvement delivery
6. Experienced in functional and non-functional understanding to specify product requirements
7. Experience working with third parties (internal and external) to provide IT solutions
8. Excellent stakeholder engagement with key education and student stakeholders on the development and use of student products and IT services
9. Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently
10. Excellent written and oral communication skills
1. An understanding of university operations, especially those based on student products
2. An understanding of data and integration technologies
3. Project and service management qualifications (e.g. APM, ITIL)
Your application should clearly indicate how you meet the essential criteria, as this is how we screen applications.