GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we really mean it! Massive changes are taking place in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize growth opportunities; be part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG strives to be a market leader in games and the premier choice in entertainment. We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Solutions architect (digital) who performs a detailed solution analysis to design a solution that aligns with the overall digital product roadmap, enterprise architecture and standards, while ensuring that the recommended solution aligns with the overall desired business results.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Vice-President Digital Engineering & Operations, you will be responsible for
Partner in the design of digital architecture
- Develop and maintain the digital architecture for the organization describing applications, data sources and their integrations
- Ensure that future digital architectures are consistent with organizational goals, business goals, standards, enterprise architecture, product roadmaps and contractual requirements
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of digital development efforts and recommend technologies that will accelerate development, provide competitive advantage, increase agility and improve system resiliency
- Reviews the results produced by the business analysis teams to perform the detailed solution design review incorporating all requirements, product roadmap and criteria for success
- Analyze and determine the solution sourcing strategy to ensure an optimal delivery method of a solution to achieve economies of scale
- Determines the skills required to support the delivery of the solution
Develop the architecture and design of the solution
- Monitors and manages solutions delivered internally and externally, from identifying business needs to transitioning the solution to the production environment to enable a smooth transition
- Collaboratively creates detailed solution design and reviews stakeholders to ensure alignment with overall business results
- Lead the various solution design activities including the development of conceptual and logical solution design, system requirements design, technical requirements collection, etc. to ensure that the solution meets the needs of the business
- Supports collection of technical requirements and design of systems requirements to ensure alignment with business needs and digital architecture
- Supports identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after solution implementation
- Evaluates business goals and plans and proposes approaches to break solutions down into manageable components and actively seeks agile approaches to optimally and proactively deliver them to enable work on components to begin while others are still being defined.
Establish critical relationships and communication
- Works closely with the lab team and product owners to gather and understand business requirements.
- Interacts with enterprise IT to ensure alignment with standards and requirements (eg, enterprise architecture and information security) as required.
- Work with digital software developers to ensure designs are communicated and understood by software engineers and provide direction on issues related to software design
- Collaborates with other OLG solution delivery teams or centers of excellence to align with processes, best practices and standards
- Works with third party or contracted resources or external technology providers to collaborate and jointly design solutions
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Awareness: Solution Architecture (SA). Development lifecycle methodologies (i.e. agile, waterfall, etc.). Product and supplier evaluation. Design and introduction of technological services. Enterprise technological architecture (infrastructure, network, platform, etc.). Technology trends – SaaS, PaaS, agile, mobile, etc.
To live: At least seven (7) years of experience leading the design, construction and implementation of complex digital solutions involving multiple technology fields. At least five (5) years of experience in solutions management. Provide subject matter expertise and / or advice to the team
Collaboration and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and enthusiasm in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
Change management: familiarity with the change management requirements for a successful overhaul of organizational effectiveness
Facilitation: can confidently use clear and succinct language to facilitate work sessions and presentations on OD changes at all levels of the organization
Conceptual thinking: strong and visionary conceptual thinker for effective organizational design using knowledge of best practice principles
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that gives all its profits back to the province and the people of Ontario
- Flexible working environment: family-friendly work practices to help you balance work and life
- You count: we focus on wellness with various resources, to support your physical and mental well-being Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your authentic self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public service pension plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Learn About OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences to its customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charity gaming. OLG is at the heart of a massive transformation to be customer-obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be founded on genuine, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote working.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the opportunity to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates please apply online before October 1, 2021.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodations at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.