IA Interior Architects translates customer goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our customers in various markets around the world need high-performance, visually appealing and sustainable environments to move their businesses forward, support their culture, engage their people, integrate technology and increase efficiency. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the world’s largest architectural firm focusing exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and values. fundamentals with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires competence, daring, leadership, team spirit, humor and love of interiors. We are currently looking for a full time Senior project manager in the Toronto studio. In this role, together with the Project Director, you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and administration of major projects from start to finish.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Present and obtain approval of design concepts.
- Manage projects from concept to completion, including work performed by internal and external resources.
- Establish the budget, prepare project timelines and monitor compliance with conditions.
- Coordinate the work of project teams to ensure complete and timely submission of documents.
- Manage collections for assigned projects.
- Manage customer relationships.
- Identify and seek new business opportunities with existing and potential customers.
- Attract, develop, influence and manage the team
Education and work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design; equivalent experience may be substituted.
- More than 10 years of experience in the realization of commercial interior design projects.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- In-depth knowledge of commercial interior architecture and / or the design industry.
- In-depth knowledge of materials, furnishings and construction methods related to interior design.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Proven ability to draft and negotiate contracts for services, consultants and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contract and administration issues within established design context.
- In-depth knowledge of design principles and aesthetics.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office application.
- Intermediate skills using a project management software application, MS Project preferred.
- Proven Revit skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in presentation and graphic communication.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage various responsibilities on time and / or on budget.
- Proven ability to manage all phases of the project.
- Intermediate skills in supervision, leadership and team building.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising design intent or internal relationships.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budget constraints.
Most of the time, the Senior Project Manager will be seated in a studio with limited physical demands. This can cause individuals to bend, stretch, twist, and reach. Occasionally, individuals will be required to visit a customer site to perform on-site verifications and field investigations. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, state of health, genetic information, elder status fighter, uniformed service member and promote the full achievement of equal employment opportunity.
Please send your resume and portfolio to Brian Knott at [email protected]