Contract position available with an information technology company for a contract position in the Western Cape.
The purpose of the Senior Project Manager (Snr.PM) is to take leadership responsibility for delivering large, complex projects that span one or more business units within the organization.
Please note that this is a contract position. Apply only if you fully meet the requirements
- Degrees in project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP or Prince II, Agile PM, or any relevant project management degree (internationally recognized qualification)
- Cross-functional industry experience would be a plus
- Minimum 12-15 years of related project management experience
The [URL Removed] is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordinating the efforts of team members, third-party contractors and consultants to deliver projects according to plan. This role will also be responsible for setting project objectives and overseeing quality control throughout the project lifecycle and must take responsibility for managing all elements of risk, quality, delivery, budget and results of the project. As part of the project, it is expected that the [URL Removed] ensure that the project delivers the desired levels of business value. Critically, the [URL Removed] must serve as a single point of accountability to customers and business stakeholders and must ensure that expectations are managed, appropriate reporting is provided, and necessary governance is adhered to.
Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives spanning one or more lines of business
· Deliver successful projects| programs from tender to delivery
· Provide strategic direction to the project management team
Managing team resources including manpower needs, team building, specific recruiting needs
Management of project KPIs, e.g. earned value
· Management of customers and subcontractors; strategic, relational, contractual and commercial management
· Interface with clients’ project management team to report updates and resolve issues
Ensure that project deliverables are achieved according to schedule, quality and cost
· Maintain strategic direction for the project with frequent interaction with Division Managers to ensure a balance between immediate project needs and long-term divisional goals.
· Maintain effective relationships with Division Managers to meet their needs as project sponsors.
· Manage project execution with responsibility for project profitability (including all resources and associated cost plans).
· Use NEC XON project management methodology, systems and tools.
· Comply with NEC XON rules and policies and follow professional practices.
· Lead project teams and facilitate communication and interaction between technical representatives.
· Monitor the project against its schedule, budget and phase objectives, reporting progress regularly to management and division heads, and senior staff as required.
· Develop and implement recovery plans for unscheduled and unforeseen events.
· Keep abreast of safety and environmental requirements.
· Negotiate differences with client and internal staff to achieve project goals.
· Review and approve key project documents, including project initiation documents (project charter and terms of delivery), project plans, operations manuals, etc.
· Provide the primary line of communication with the client regarding project delivery.
· Maintain an effective relationship with the Customer Account Manager.
· Cost tracking and reporting against budget.
· Work with the Program Management Office to prepare and conduct project gate/phase meetings at the appropriate phases of the project.
· Participate in the preparation and review of customer invoices.
Participate in project proposal, RFIs and RFQs to ensure the scope of work is properly defined and ensure the project team has a clear understanding of the scope of project procurement
A positive, decisive, positive attitude
· Focused on meeting project deadlines
· Has the ability to see the strategic vision and can operate comfortably in complex environments at higher levels
· Strong leadership, communication, directing and motivational skills
Enjoy managing multiple tasks, people and goals simultaneously
Unfazed by working with deadlines and pressure
· Persuasive when necessary to get other parties to “buy in” to the plan
There is a structured approach for employees to acquire professional qualifications and accreditations. The principle adopted is that professional development aims to improve the effectiveness of the individual’s ability to do his or her job. Training is usually provided in areas of specialization related to the position.
- Demonstrated experience delivering a large, complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-contract, process plant design and construction (or similar technical challenge) project from tender to commissioning. delivery. The candidate would have been fully responsible and accountable for the project as the project manager.
- Extensive previous experience in project management is essential. Ideally, this will have been acquired in a field focused on design or construction.
- Experience in infrastructure (UPS, generators, HVAC) and data centers preferred
- Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines
- Experienced in the management of subcontractor deliveries
- Experience acquired in managing delivery to customers
- Experience gained in a highly regulated industry
- Has a broad understanding of each divisional discipline
A full job description will be provided to the successful candidate
- Infrastructure experience
- Preferable Data Centers