|Remuneration:||R25000 – R40000 per month negotiable negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Johannesburg, mountain view|
|Remote work:||Some telecommuting allowed|
|Level of education:||Diploma|
|Own transportation required:||Yes|
|Reference:||#MR – Rito|
|Company:||Rito Consulting Services|
Your resume should demonstrate experience and background in the following areas:
- Develop and implement integrated communications strategies and initiatives across paid, earned, shared and owned channels to support the achievement of key business objectives, and to protect and enhance customer reputation in the following industry: education, housing and energy and electricity.
- Develop messages for content items according to client brief
- Generate positive coverage across a wide range of media, including online, broadcast and print media.
- Lead the content generation team to draft and edit written content, conduct quality media engagements and manage crisis communications.
- Develop and deliver reactive and proactive external media engagement
- Support the development and dissemination of content on social networks
- Editing, reviewing, compiling changes, and securely approving content by client stakeholders
- Spot and exploit media opportunities for proactive positive content.
- Make sure that all elements such as images, video, audio, etc. are named and stored appropriately.
- Provide advice and identify areas where more experienced advice will be required.
- Ensure that media interactions and statements are properly recorded.
- Liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders to support the delivery of business results, working collaboratively within own team and across the organization.
- Be a point of contact for communication with the media, responding to any request quickly and efficiently.
- Set up and manage a communication calendar and a forward planning system.
- Monitor media or social media channels and compile monitoring reports as needed.
- Be prepared to deal with unexpected issues which, on occasion, will require working beyond normal scheduled hours.
- Manage your own work against plans and milestones and act quickly to ensure business stays on track and results are achieved.
- Participate in the quality assurance of products and services.
- Contribute effectively to information systems such as forward planning, media contact lists and other tasks to ensure the smooth running of media relations campaigns.
- Be aware of external knowledge/research/best practices and new ideas to ensure media coverage
- Participate in other communications tasks and projects as required.
This is mandatory:
You should have at least 5-10 years of professional experience in media relations, with a strong network of journalists in business and politics in South Africa covering levels: 1, 2 and 3 media. Your network should cover radio, television, online media and major print media.
- A degree in Marketing and/or Communication
- Suitable candidates should have experience in the public and private sector
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a similar management position is a prerequisite.
- High level of computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite, etc.)
- Must have experience designing and implementing effective marketing and communications strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of various marketing tools and platforms, including social media platforms.
- Good knowledge of identifying new target markets, executing targeted campaigns and measuring the success of these campaigns
- Experience in media relations and crisis management is important.
- Identifying the target audience
- Business management
- Public relations
- Social media management
- Social Media Marketing
Professional experience desired
Posted Jul 21 4:02 p.m., Closing date Sep 19