Purpose of the role:
Oversee and direct the development of solutions in accordance with business processing requirements and operating and service level agreements. Lead and oversee the strategic framework, development and execution of the enterprise IT architectural capability, across various architectural domains, to support the overall vision and business strategy of the enterprise. Review target architecture vision and roadmap, evaluate and prioritize roadmap items and translate into non-functional designs and requirements. Incorporate best practice resolution standards into project deployments and ensure adherence to architectural principles and company design guidelines.
To manage and ensure service delivery in accordance with SLAs and the goal of continuous service improvement, ensure the stability, security and availability of the company’s infrastructure environments by managing outsourced partners and internal supports. Provide strategic direction for the enterprise infrastructure function, lead the development of infrastructure architecture, planning and implementation of standards and procedures for the enterprise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Engineering or related field.
- At least 10 years in a software development role designing and developing complex transaction processing systems.
- Extensive experience in enterprise solutions and architecture, leading the thought process and delivery through multiple architectural domains.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the IT field with at least seven of those years at a senior/executive level, including managing teams responsible for systems lifecycle management and planning and infrastructure operations.
- Extensive experience in evaluating IT target architectures in an enterprise environment, component technologies and service oriented architectures.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust.
- Architecture framework certification (e.g. TOGAF).
- Good knowledge of IT governance frameworks (eg ITIL).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven experience in leading architecture delivery teams.
- Solid knowledge of the financial services and insurance industry.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks.
- Knowledge of system integration standards, APIs and third party integration aspects.
- Knowledge of modeling architectural solutions.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- In-depth technical knowledge of various technologies.
- Good understanding and familiarity with cloud infrastructure.
- Proven experience in managing infrastructure and services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security protocols.
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Client orientation
- Ability to operate at strategic and operational levels
- Ability to work closely with other internal teams, both in IT and business
- Ability to deliver through others
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to generate consensus on critical decision areas
- Ability to apply critical thinking and ensure quick decision making
- Drives vision and purpose
- Manages complexity
- Align resources for optimal business results
Outputs / Main Tasks:
- Responsible for defining an architectural roadmap in alignment with the infrastructure and cloud services strategy to support the innovative transformation.
- Manage and/or oversee a team of technical architects who produce solutions that meet the quality levels and standards required under negotiated and agreed service levels, operational level agreements or contracts.
- Responsible for the technical architecture focus to ensure the right emerging technologies are specified and selected for solutions.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and potential impact and/or benefits on transformation initiatives and products and services to ensure the most relevant technologies and solutions are utilized.
- Responsible for designing detailed technical solutions to meet project objectives, business requirements, and business capabilities that adhere to leading IT practices (fit for purpose; adaptable; future proof; cost effective; secure; maintainable and bearable).
- Support the team in troubleshooting and resolving issues in the solution design, build and test cycle, providing expert technical advice and guidance on technical and functional design decisions to ensure solutions are built to specification.
- Work within corporate governance frameworks to drive design and technology alignment and drive adoption in the wider technology community.
- Identify, engage and collaborate with relevant stakeholders that accelerate and support the company’s digital and cloud strategy through various transformation initiatives.
- Oversee IT infrastructure department including servers, services, network and VoIP and end user [URL Removed] services in this area include the purchase of network equipment, servers, UPS, Internet connectivity [URL Removed] projects include migration to cloud services, new servers and deployment of new technologies. Managing the associated IT infrastructure budget and realizing the full value of IT assets.
- Oversee the implementation of processes and procedures related to corporate IT policies, evaluation and creation of hardware standards (for laptops, network equipment and other related equipment) to standardize equipment across the organization. company as a whole.
- Oversee the resolution of technical issues related to software, hardware, networking and Internet connectivity in a timely and courteous manner [URL Removed] system reliability and SLAs are met through relevant SLA metrics and relationship management with relevant service providers.
Find out more/Apply to this position