The technical expertise of a Security Architect is sought by a growing and dynamic financial institution whose main role will be to analyze, architect and design the IT infrastructure and integration with respect to aspects of computer security in support of the organization. The ideal candidate should have a Grade 12/Matric with ideally or preferably a tertiary qualification in Computer Science and be ITIL Foundation certified. You should have at least 7 years of experience with Microsoft Server and ITIL operating system concepts and policies; have 5+ years of proficiency in Microsoft security technologies and 4+ years of IT security related architecture/design, design, deployment and support of Active Directory deployments, infrastructure architecture/design and expert monitoring of performance and capacity planning with proven experience in designing and deploying Windows Server Security.
- Grade 12/Professional National Certificate.
- A relevant qualification in Information Technology. (Ideal or preferred)
- ITIL Foundation certification. (Ideal or preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in –
- Microsoft Server operating systems.
- ITIL concepts and policies.
- More than 5 years of experience in Microsoft security technologies.
- 4+ years of experience in –
- Architecture or design related to computer security.
- Design, deploy and support deployments of Active Directory and its supporting technologies in a medium to large organization
- Architecture or infrastructure design.
- Expert performance monitoring/analysis and capacity planning.
- Proven experience in designing and deploying Windows Server security and configuration using Group Policy.
In-depth knowledge of –
- Windows Server Architecture
- Architecture and design of Active Directory and associated technologies.
- Secure network architecture, identity and access management principles and application security principles.
- Security principles, computer security procedures and best practices.
Good understanding of –
- Industry technologies (eg, PKI, LDAP, Radius).
- Data center infrastructure architecture.
- Data center infrastructure performance and capacity analysis.
- Computer systems development process (SDLC life cycle).
- Business Compliance Requirements.
- Business continuity planning.
- Computer operations.
- Virtualization architecture.
- X86 hardware architecture.
Ideal for having –
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and/or ECA (Event Correlation and Analysis) systems.
- Advanced networking.
- Cloud suites (for example, Azure and AWS).
- Principles and process of project management.
- Application design principles.
- Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing.
- Antivirus technologies, Linux, IPS.
- Windows internals.
- Messaging and collaboration technologies and architecture.
- Database firewall, web application firewall.
- Identity management solutions.
- Communication skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
- Consulting skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning, organization and coordination skills.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position