San Francisco, California, United StatesSite:
Thu 23 Dec 21Posted on:
As a Project Architect, you will lead projects from schematic design to construction administration by refining concepts, developing drawings and working with team members on residential, mixed-use projects. and reception on a small and large scale. You will mentor junior staff and engage in further knowledge transfer of design principles, processes, building codes and construction methods.
Potential applicants should have strong technical skills with an eye for design, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to support projects working both individually and as a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work independently to manage the full range of architectural services on medium to large scale projects.
- Ensures projects will meet legal requirements by following building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations and related ordinances, such as disabled access.
- Provides project reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Contribute to the planning and refinement of the concept of complex projects.
- Oversee the design work of junior staff to ensure integration and cohesion within the design team.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to junior staff.
- Present design solutions to customer representatives and / or design review committees.
- Manage the coordination of drawings with other design disciplines.
- Find technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and details while preserving design intent.
- Prepare, develop, edit and coordinate specifications with drawings to meet project requirements.
- Evaluate, select and / or approve materials and products.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and a team-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with senior managers and partners in charge according to the needs of the project.
Our firm offers a rich compensation package:
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonuses distributed semi-annually
- Benefits package including medical, dental and vision care, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, flexible expense accounts (FSA, DCA, transit and parking)
- 401K plan matched by employer
- In addition, the firm operates a 9/80 schedule offering our staff an alternation of 3-day weekends.
SB Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
- A professional degree in architecture (BArmar / March).
- 15+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor of Architecture (preferred) or is currently eligible to take the Architecture Enrollment Examination (ARE).
- A LEED accredited professional is preferable.
- Previous work experience in high-end residential, mixed-use and hotel projects is preferred.
- Proficiency in CAD / BIM documentation software (AutoCAD and Revit).
- Advanced knowledge of BIM or parametric design is an asset (Revit, Dynamo and Grasshopper).
- Strong 3D modeling skills (SketchUp, Rhino and Revit).
- Proficiency in rendering software an asset (Enscape, Vray, Lumion and 3D Studio Max).
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Projects and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills.
- Proven experience in project management during construction, construction administration and coordination with contractors.
- Ability to lead the coordination of architectural drawings for complex projects between multiple teams of consultants.
- Ability to solve complex technical and design problems.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Back to the task list …