Project Manager – Architecture and Engineering
Devino Aiello Architects (“DA&A”) is currently looking for a project manager. You will be involved in developing the project scope, schedule and budget with input from clients, consultants and construction managers etc. a licensed architect.
We are a dynamic company located in the progressive city of Jersey City where development is booming. Our goal is to provide high quality design to our clients, whose projects consist primarily of multi-family residences, including mixed-use, mid-rise, high-rise buildings as well as urban infill and adaptive reuse.
We are looking for a detail-oriented designer with excellent communication skills, good client relations and the ability to manage multiple projects to join our team and assist us in all aspects of our work. We are a small company that emphasizes design over structure and therefore needs someone who is self-motivated, problem-solving and able to work independently as well as in a team. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience towards licensing, receive competitive compensation, and work in a professional and dedicated environment while maintaining a work-life balance. The candidate will report to the project team to develop designs from schematic to construction documents and participate in the construction phase including field observations.
This is a full-time position located in Jersey City, NJ (in office and not remotely).
- The candidate should have a background in architectural design, with experience in all phases of design.
- At least 8 years of experience in construction documents is essential.
- The candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in multifamily and residential construction.
- The candidate must have strong graphic skills and be proficient in AutoCAD.
- At least 5+ years of project management and/or construction administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or design and construction.
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and project management information systems.
Your main responsibilities
Participate in the activities of the design team composed of engineers, planners and other consultants;
Ensure the daily follow-up of the project and the communication with the client and the project team;
Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team;
Provide direction to the construction team on behalf of the owner;
Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule through all phases of the project;
Review and track all contracts, invoices and payments to all consultants;
Support the preparation of monthly reports to the owner;
Peer review of drafting team drawings;
Plan and conduct site visits;
Review all invoices and modify orders associated with the project;
Report to the main architects every two weeks on the status of the projects;
Prepare the phase schedule with the design budget;
Ensure the profitability of the project.