LOCATION: Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas, California
JOB SUMMARY: We have the opportunity to join the Alliance as PMO Project Manager III within the Project Management Office. There is a position that can be filled in one of our three Alliance offices (Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas, CA).
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE: The PMO III Project Manager will focus on supporting technical projects and initiatives across the organization.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager PMO, you:
- Provide advanced level project management support for cross-functional, systems-focused strategic and operational projects of any complexity and involving multiple cross-departmental units and/or external stakeholder teams across all aspects of the project lifecycle project
- Perform advanced level business, technical and financial analysis and reporting to support operations and business development
- Use, implement, and communicate project management methodologies and policies, and train and coach project teams, project stakeholders, and PMO project managers, to ensure accuracy, consistency, and accuracy. rigor
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Project Management Office (PMO) is a key component of our Operational Excellence Department, committed to providing and developing operational efficiency expertise across the organization. As a PMO team, we contribute to this commitment through portfolio, program and enterprise project management services, enabling the organization to adapt and advance its mission operationally. . We believe that efficiency and kindness are co-dependent. The truth is that the Alliance is full of people working to create an effective organization for our members, suppliers and community partners. Within the PMO, our role is to make this journey a little easier through collaboration and continuous improvement.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Have a solid experience in managing technical infrastructure projects
- Demonstrate expertise in successfully executing complex project management lifecycles from concept to closeout
- Demonstrate knowledge and work experience in the areas of system configuration, software implementation, and user acceptance testing
- Have the ability to plan and lead with creativity and flexibility; find effective solutions when resources are limited
- Model effective communication and problem-solving skills across diverse groups, including cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrate accountability, take personal responsibility for making things happen
- Ability to influence through facilitation, leveraging group collaboration to achieve goals
- Invests in the success of others and enjoys motivating others to achieve expected results
- Have a formal certification in project management (PMP Certification or equivalent)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
To read the full job description and list of requirements, Click here.
- Project management methodologies and tools
- Meeting facilitation methods and tools and ability to lead team building exercises and facilitate meetings and/or projects using problem solving and persuasion skills
- Windows based PC systems and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and project management software applications
- Research, analysis and reporting methods
- Training principles and practices
- Principles and practices of system configuration, software implementation, and user acceptance testing
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, organize work and meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and identify problems, propose solutions and mitigate risks
- Develop strategies to organize and facilitate complex projects from start to finish
- Interpret and apply legal, regulatory and contractual language, policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as legislative and regulatory directives
- Work collaboratively and productively with various project teams to find effective and timely solutions
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship and act as a technical resource for project team members, project stakeholders and PMO project managers
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, business, public policy, healthcare or a related field
- A minimum of five years of project management experience (a master’s degree can replace two years of required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may qualify
- Formal project management certification (PMP Certification or equivalent). Two years of experience, in addition to the experience described above, can replace the required certification
- Although this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are currently in a hybrid work-from-home environment and anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
- Our Alliance offices officially reopened on May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work from home full-time, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
- Depending on the nature of the work, this position may require on-site presence, which is dependent on business requirements. Details on this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements: Currently, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon entering the office. Fully vaccinated and boosted is defined as receiving the second dose of a 2-dose series (eg Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receiving a single dose vaccine (eg Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the reminder (if eligible); AND a period of 2 weeks having elapsed since the last dose of vaccine was administered. If you claim to be vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be presented at the time of hiring.
In addition, all Alliance positions must meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Lots of paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust health and wellness program
- EV charging stations
- And much more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission to provide accessible, quality healthcare driven by local innovation. We feel our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work every day knowing that we have made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you’ll be part of a respectful, diverse, professional, and fun culture, and where you’ll be empowered to do your best. As a nonprofit regional health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey, and Santa Cruz counties. To learn more about us, see our Fact sheet.
HOW TO REGISTER: If you are interested, please submit an online application here.