Our client is looking for a Project Manager for a company in Woodstock, Cape Town.
1. Project management
Determine and define the statement of work for the implementation of new activities.
Manage existing client advisory tasks and projects.
Accurately forecast the resources needed to achieve all project objectives. Allocate and manage these resources effectively and efficiently.
Prepare budgets based on project scope of work and resource requirements.
Track project costs to stay within budget.
Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
Provide regular project updates to various stakeholders, including client and third parties, on strategy, adjustments and progress.
Manage contracts with all vendors by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
Use industry best practices, techniques and standards throughout project execution.
Monitor project progress and adjust as needed.
Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement and, where appropriate, effectively implement those improvements.
Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
Ensure that all project actions and decisions are documented through the available project tool.
Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
Ensure project deadlines are met.
Provide administrative support.
Assess projects and help desk risks and issues and propose solutions that can be realistically implemented.
Manage department policies and procedures.
Manage and develop project resources in Cape Town and Johannesburg offices.
2. Executive management:
Participate in the development of annual financial budgets and business objectives and take responsibility for the overall achievement of these budgets and objectives related to the work in which Partner Support Services is involved.
Always represent the company professionally to clients.
Work successfully together and collaboratively with all other departments of the business to successfully achieve its objectives and ensure that the activities of the Partner Support Services team support a successful working relationship with these departments.
Manage the company’s internal dashboard(s) (ensuring that the company’s internal activity tool is piloted, maintained, updated, correct and provides the company with an accurate and transparent view to measure key departmental indicators) and where dashboards will not suffice, prepare and communicate reports on a monthly or ad hoc basis.
Organize productive team meetings within the project portfolio.
Ensure that the management of the project team is guided by the principle of excellence and accountability.
Travel to South Africa and any other countries to successfully fulfill the results of this role.
tertiary education; specialization in project management and change management or related fields.
Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP).
- Minimum of 5 years of project management and/or related experience.
- A high level of understanding of the automotive industry will be an advantage.
- Solid experience with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Proven ability to complete projects within defined scope, budget and schedule.
- Successful track record in project management, resource implementation and project success.
- Knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide information on tasks, plans, schedule and strategies.
- Ability to encourage and enable all parties to work as a team to meet deadlines and complete the project.
- Proven ability to creatively problem solve and uncover opportunities.
- Strong negotiation skills that enable win-win agreements.
- Ability to control project issues while effectively managing stakeholders.
- Knowledge of a team’s strengths and weaknesses and the ability to recognize and overcome resistance.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor teammates.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Teamwork, service and result oriented.
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction and eager to go the extra mile.
- Motivated and motivated with high energy levels.