Founded in 1987, Tempus Technologies is the expert leader in secure point-of-interaction payments. We are committed to developing exceptional point-of-sale payment integration technology and software solutions to meet the growing needs of our customers’ business requirements. As an industry leader, we recognize our employees as one of our greatest assets. Tempus is growing and our team is growing with us, providing unlimited opportunities for career development and the ability for employees to develop their own individual career paths.
As a Project Manager within PNC’s Tempus Technologies organization, this is a remote position and can sit anywhere within the PNC footprint except Colorado, from Hawaii or Alaska. There are low expectations for regular in-person activities at the office.
The Product Capability Roadmap – Project Manager serves as a central resource within the PMO team and is responsible for the internal project management of Product Capability Roadmap initiatives. This role will work closely with the product and development teams to centrally manage capability delivery tracking, prioritization and related activities. This role will follow PMO processes and practices to ensure consistency with the Tempus project management workflow.
Responsible for project management of capability roadmap initiatives that include development ideas for new features, feature enhancements, capabilities, or capability enhancements.
• Collaborate with product and development teams to perform the following functions:
o Ownership of the work portfolio of the capability roadmap to ensure continuity
o Responsible for the centralized follow-up and the organization of the initiation to the deployment in production
Managed through JIRA
Responsible for monitoring via dashboards and forwarding escalations to appropriate contacts throughout the process
Coordinate with business and finance teams to assess and maintain pricing related to capability sets used for client solutions
o Serve as a point of contact for customer-facing stakeholders to provide capability status information to share with customers as appropriate
• The role may also be responsible for development-initiated product improvement and certification-related tracking and status reporting.
• Sound decision-making, while being able to pleasantly present a different point of view
• Ability to facilitate leadership with strong interpersonal communication (oral and written communication)
• Self-starter with a high level of motivation
• Team player and collaborator; ability to build strong partnerships
• Effective influencing skills
• Positive / dynamic approach and ability to accept change
• Strong organizational, time management, prioritization, problem solving and delegation skills
• Technical acumen
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Manages a single project from original concept through final implementation and post-project evaluation. Responsible for achieving project objectives within established deadlines. Generally, the project size is less than $500,000.
- Plans and schedules project deadlines and milestones using appropriate tools. Responsible for ensuring that the project team has the necessary resources.
- Partners with project team members to assign tasks, direct activities and control project execution. Build, develop and develop all business relationships essential to the success of the project.
- Track and report progress (management information system). Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals and presentations.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
PNC employees are proud of our reputation and we expect our employees to be:
- Customer focused – Know the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage this information to create customized customer solutions.
- Risk management – Evaluate and effectively manage all risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s enterprise risk management framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the need and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with a high level of precision.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve issues in the best interest of the business.
Advice – Knowledge of techniques, roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business advice to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in a variety of situations.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively convey, receive and interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
IT Standards, Procedures and Policies – Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards and procedures.
Organizational Leadership – Knowledge and ability to use strategies and skills to involve others in setting, adopting and achieving goals.
Problem solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques to recognize, anticipate and solve organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in a variety of situations.
Project Administration – Knowledge and ability to use organizational strategies, practices and tools for administering projects.
Project Management – Ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects, ensuring efficient use of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Roles at this level typically require a university/college degree with
Additional job description
Base salary: Based on skills and experience.
PNC offers its employees a full range of benefits to meet your current and future needs. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a health savings account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spousal/children’s life insurance; short-term and long-term disability protection; maternity leave and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absences; 401(k), retirement and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; supportive care for children/elderly; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a strong wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New on PNC.
Disability accommodation statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and responsive to individual needs. If you have a physical or other disability that may require accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or the application process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruitment or contact email us at [email protected]
Hours of operation for the Human Resources Service Center are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, veteran status or other categories protected by law.
Refer to California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to understand how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in connection with our employment practices.