Development One offers the opportunity to join our team and be part of a growing company. At Development One, the position of project manager is a dynamic role that directly impacts the entire life cycle of our projects. You will help support our growth with innovative ideas, a strong work ethic and leadership skills.
As a Development One project manager, you will exercise all of your skills: design, customer relations, team coordination, etc. With guidance from senior management, you will quickly master our design and quality control practices. By building relationships with our clients, you will embody the firm’s strong service culture.
Read on if:
YOU ARE A GOAL-BASED INDIVIDUAL. You are excited when your work makes a difference in society. You thrive in managing several aspects of projects in a dynamic environment while respecting deadlines and budgetary requirements.
YOU ARE A VISIONARY AUTONOMOUS. You take the initiative to imagine new ideas and solutions and to implement them strategically and effectively. You have a strong desire to contribute and will support projects with a “nothing is too small” attitude. You go above and beyond to improve a client’s ideas and bring their project to life.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30 days and continuously:
- Learn Development One’s departments, team roles, processes and quality control procedures
- Ask the right questions to gain confidence and knowledge on how to handle key responsibilities
At 90 days and continuous:
- Spearhead projects, lead a team of architects, project managers and consultants on various types of projects including offices, courthouses, aviation and aerospace facilities, data centers and laboratories
- Understand the quality control program with the nuances specific to Development One as documented in the standards manual
- Make full use of AutoCAD and Revit software and confidently contribute to design documents as needed
- Supervise and assist the team in the production of presentations and construction documents
From 6 to 9 months and in progress:
- Smoothly execute the basic steps and processes of project management; able to interpret the statement of work, create and establish a schedule, and know which parties need to be involved in the project in conjunction with our supervision
- Communicate on behalf of the client, understand their objectives and ensure their implementation
- Embrace and Practice Our Core Values: Visionary, Service Excellence, Quality Responsibility, Integrity, Goal Oriented, Mission Oriented
- Very committed and involved in projects and supporting others as needed to achieve a common goal of providing our clients with exceptional service
- With the best interests of the client and the company at heart, conduct site observations and construction administration services to ensure the project is built as planned
12 months and in progress:
- Use technical knowledge and management skills to successfully plan, direct and monitor all aspects of projects; able to manage 3-4 projects and provide support and assistance to other projects
- Monitor and track project progress, budget and be responsible for overall project performance
- Participate in the implementation of design standards and quality control procedures to accurately complete all necessary technical documents
- Anticipate project needs and proactively prepare for potential issues in a diplomatic and strategic manner
- Demonstrate continued growth and enthusiasm to provide customers with exceptional service
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, EDUCATION:
- Architectural degree from an accredited college / university in the United States obligatory
- 5+ years of experience in the architectural industry obligatory
- 3+ years of experience in project management obligatory
- Bachelor of Architecture an asset, or willingness to actively pursue the license
- Proven experience in the field of institutional or government architecture, an asset
- Knowledge and experience working with AutoCAD and Revit
MORE ABOUT US:
At Development One, we are passionate about our work and attach great importance to a team culture. We back this philosophy with fun, company-sponsored team-building events and community engagement opportunities. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a competitive benefits and compensation package that includes:
- Paid holidays (PTO) and 8 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Innovation bonus!
- Annual bonus (linked to the performance of the company)
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …