- Continuous full-time position
- Provide project management to support the implementation of the research portfolio’s engagement, communication and culture program
- $129,847 base + 17% superannuation + vacation load
About the Opportunity
As the Engagement and culture project manager, you will provide overall project management and guidance to support the implementation of a program of events, engagement, communications and other initiatives to support key strategies and work programs across the research portfolio and across the University. Manage and oversee projects, events, and engagement organization such as development of project organizational structure, project charter, manpower plans, and project processes and resources needed to support Implementation. This role is primarily required as an on-site position with some flexibility for hybrid work. The incumbent is expected to be on site at least 3 days per week and possibly cohabiting with MDIs and CRFs as required.
- tertiary qualification and/or relative work experience in project management, communications, events and complex project management is highly desirable
- knowledge of planning, analysis and communications with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- effective team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to positively influence key stakeholders in the successful delivery of project results
- an ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising good judgment
- experience in financial management and literacy, experience in managing budgets
- good understanding and consistent application of project management skills including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which form our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people living with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgroundsand those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Nicole Cunningham, Recruitment Operations, on 0449973799 or email [email protected] .to
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to see the Job Description for this role.
Friday, August 19, 2022 11:59 PM