The objective of the post is to manage a project financed by ECHO within the framework of the Education in Emergencies (EIE) sector. With this funding, World Vision JWG is implementing a 24-month project targeting 41 schools across the West Bank – Area C in Yatta, Bethlehem, Nablus, Jenin, Tubas, Ramallah and Dura. The project will be implemented in partnership with War Child Holland. The overall objective of the project is to help improve the resilience of boys and girls affected by conflict and insecurity by enabling education to provide life-saving physical, psychosocial and cognitive support. The project will focus on 2 main outcomes which are; children in targeted areas (Areas B and C) have better access to quality education, psychosocial support (PSS and Child Protection (CP) services at school and community level; and children are protected from danger and conflict in a safe and protected learning environment.
Coordinate, organize, monitor and supervise the implementation of the project funded by ECHO (60%)
- Supervise and ensure the proper implementation, in coordination with all partners and stakeholders, of the activities designed under the project.
- Adhere to donor requirements (financial and operational) throughout the implementation period
- Coordinate with Area Offices across the West Bank – primarily the Education Team and Area Managers, regarding the implementation of activities.
- Organize meetings with stakeholders, partners, staff and beneficiaries in the field to ensure the proper implementation of activities
- Draw lessons from the field and adjust the implementation plan as necessary and appropriate, while respecting the overall project design.
- Attend ECHO meetings if necessary
Communication, monitoring and evaluation (30%)
- Work with M&E staff to oversee the use of monitoring tools, including tracking process indicators and reviewing monitoring data. Solve problems and adapt the program if necessary
- Write project progress reports and prepare annual plans and budgets for the project in coordination with WCH
Coordination and networking (10%)
- Ensure good coordination and networking with project partners and stakeholders including War Child, Ministry of Education, Village Councils, OCHA-EiE cluster and others
- Ensure good technical coordination with the Head of Education throughout the implementation period
- Ensure better coordination with area offices across the West Bank for the implementation of activities
- Ensure good coordination with the Head of GAM, particularly in terms of Support Office (SO) and donor relations and compliance with donor requirements.
How to register
All applications are received through the careers website:
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults and does not employ staff whose backgrounds are unsuitable for working with children or vulnerable adults.