The group: Morningstar’s research group provides independent analysis on individual stocks, managed investments, portfolios and markets. The group also collects and maintains high quality data on stocks, managed investments and fixed income investments that we cover in our database, one of the largest investment databases in the world. Morningstar is one of the world’s largest independent sources of manager, equity and credit research. We turn data into information investors can use to achieve their financial goals.
The role: The Data Strategy & Innovation team project manager is an action-oriented person, driven by ambitious goals and with an entrepreneurial spirit. In this role, you will work closely with Morningstar’s technology and business leaders to plan and lead complex projects across multiple teams, including overseeing multiple project plans and key metrics. You will think critically throughout the project management cycle and continually seek improvements and efficiencies wherever possible. The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, build strong relationships with stakeholders, and proactively identify and manage risks is essential in this role.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Conceptualize, define and manage end-to-end projects, in close collaboration with the technological and commercial teams.
• Ensure progress of multiple projects against schedule, on budget and to high quality standards.
• Communicate and monitor the project plan to cross-functional teams, ensuring its overall success.
• Influence projects to fill gaps highlighted by key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Evaluate the impact of scope changes and propose mitigation plans.
• Manage and drive change as needed for core business processes, reacting dynamically to changing customer needs and competing priorities.
• Facilitate complex discussions. Effectively communicate goals and updates to all key stakeholders.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with excellent academic references.
• At least five years of experience using LEAN, Six Sigma and Agile methodologies.
• At least five years of experience delivering complex strategic projects in cross-functional teams using hybrid project management practices.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities within cross-functional teams and communicate with all levels of management in the organization.
• Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders to translate business requirements and identify solution options.
• Experience in financial services or investing.
Good to have
• Knowledge of Morningstar data and products.
Read the full job description