PDA is an award winning and published architectural firm located in the Rancho Park neighborhood (adjacent to Westwood / Century City) in West LA. PDA’s work includes modern single-family residential projects, commercial / office work, adaptive reuse, and contextual renovations. We advocate sustainability in all projects. We are dedicated to an ambitious design with thoughtful details and superior customer service.
Position now open: Project Manager / Architect with over 8 years of experience in all phases of residential and commercial custom work in US offices. At this seniority level (i.e., advanced-intermediate), we would expect applicants’ experience and project management skills to be well established. This position will involve independent work as well as collaborative support from senior management and the office manager.
PDA creates working drawings with Revit and AutoCad, on the Mac platform. We are continually integrating Revit (BIM) more fully into our project work. Qqualified candidates for this position will be highly qualified users of Revit in addition to having solid facilities with Autocad / 2D drawing platforms, rendering software and basic office programs.
This position also requires:
- Strong design skills and the ability to represent small and large-scale project design ideas through manual sketching and digital methods (2D and 3D).
- Substantial experience in project management (coordinating client contact and the roles of consultants and contractors in driving a project to completion, with members of the office team), including significant exposure to the administration of the construction of residential and / or single-family commercial works on the land and in the office
- Ability to perform assembly of design presentation drawings, filing, pricing and CD sets with advice on office standards for basic formatting and required content. Applicants should have a working knowledge of relevant local codes and licensing processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, as well as strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Sketchup, Rhino and / or other graphics / rendering software on the Mac platform
- This position will include drawing / drafting and collaborating with other members of the project team in creating sets of drawings
- Applicants must have a professional degree from an accredited U.S. academic institution (college / university). Please no Applicants without a current US work visa. We encourage applicants to obtain a license to practice.
Insight and experience with the proper details (in modern and contextual modes) is desired in a successful candidate.
PDA strives to create a stimulating and supportive work environment, where staff learn, grow and share their experiences with others, while accepting responsibilities commensurate with their ability to contribute. Salary and benefits are competitive and based on experience. We are located in a vital and equipment-rich part of Los Angeles, strive to deliver the best coffee (and tasty snacks) available, and provide support for licensure processes and other professional developments. Most of our employees now work in person in our physical office and are fully immunized. We have a weekly COVID testing program.
We appreciate your inquiry about this post and PDA.
Please submit a brief cover letter, curriculum vitae and graphic examples showing relevant professional and academic work (including CD / detail excerpts and hand sketch samples; pdf format no larger than 5MB, s ‘please) to:
Insert “Project Manager” in the subject line.
No calls or visits, please.
We will respond to candidates whose documents demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the position.