Larson Architecture Works PLLC is a midtown Manhattan boutique architecture firm with a diverse practice in high-quality residential, commercial, retail, and civic projects. Led by principal Doug Larson, the firm has a strong foundation in contextual design and work spans historicism to modernism. We seek creative, thoughtful and effective problem solving for our clients.
We continue to build a team and welcome applications from architects and designers who will work seamlessly with clients and colleagues to deliver projects of the highest standards.
Project designer/architect positions:
There is an immediate need for full-time project designers/architects to oversee new and ongoing residential, civic and commercial projects. Candidates should ideally have 3-8 years of experience with demonstrated project management skills and freelance work experience on architectural design projects.
· Generate presentation and creative design concepts and drawings.
· Know code requirements and prepare for code checks.
· Generate complete sets of working drawings.
· Coordinate project design efforts.
· Multi-task on multiple projects and be comfortable managing relationships with contractors and consultants.
· The project designer/architect must have substantial experience in the development of details, the provision of planning and design support in the preparation of drawings, design development and construction documents.
· Degree in Architecture (BArch, March or Architectural Technology).
· Strong AutoCAD skills are a must.
· Photoshop or other rendering capabilities are a plus.
· Strong visual and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work confidently with team and managers on multiple projects.
· Registration is not essential, but a plus.
· Permanent legal work status in the United States.
· Paid leave as well as accrued sick/vacation/personal days.
· Health cover with employer’s contribution.
· AIA Membership.
· Pay for the first attempt to obtain a permit.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio in PDF format to [email protected] including the position you are applying for. We will contact you after examination.
View your application history