Swift Lee’s Office
Pasadena, California, United StatesLocation:
Thu 10 March ’22Posted on:
About Swift Lee Office (SLO)
SLO is a full-service architectural firm founded in 2000 with an extensive portfolio of complex civic, educational, residential and industrial projects. We bring a spirit of inventiveness and ingenious problem solving through experimentation, hands-on fabrication, fabrication, research and a willingness to collaborate. Above all, we seek projects that strengthen the social fabric of communities and are committed to being good stewards of the environment.
Our work environment is changing rapidly and places importance on work-life balance while maintaining a high level of rigor in the work. A tight-knit collection of architects and designers, SLO’s small size utilizes a diverse group of talent in the office and reflects a family atmosphere. The office culture is energetic, hands-on, and allows individuals to contribute ideas while taking ownership of a project.
Position: Project Architect / Construction Administration
We have an immediate opening for a Project Architect with a strong background in educational, single family, industrial, K-12 civic/arts projects and working with public agencies. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, analytical and a problem solver, effective at working in teams and alone, a good communicator and an enthusiastic champion of good design.
SLO is interested in a Project Architect who would like to take responsibility, achieve a high level of ownership and have a critical voice. The ideal candidate has a solid working knowledge and experience of construction documents, detailing and construction administration and a strong command of Revit.
- Professional degree in architecture (CA Certified Architect an asset)
- 6-10 years of experience in a high quality architectural firm in California
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills in all phases of design, from concept to construction administration
- Experience in construction administration in reviewing and responding to RFIs, tenders and shop drawings; attend site meetings; keep track of calendar and meeting memos; and interface with the contractor and building inspectors
- Experience with building permit approval processes and ability to work with building code official as primary lead
- Experience with DSA and Unified School Districts eg LAUSD & PUSD
- Working knowledge of accessible design and CBC Chapter 11B
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage an internal design team
- Mastery of Revit and AutoCAD essential
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English
Salary, benefits and hiring practices
We offer competitive salaries based on candidates’ experience and skills. Paid time off, holidays, 401K, and health/dental/vision insurance are also offered. We support and champion diversity and equal representation in all aspects of our practice, in our hiring decisions, and in the field of architecture generally.
- Local Candidates ONLY
- Must be able to start immediately
- Please no phone calls or returns
- Letter of interest
- CV with references
- Work samples
- Submit above in a single PDF file to [email protected]
View your application history