Beyer Blinder Belle, an award-winning architectural firm with offices in New York, Boston and Washington DC, is seeking a highly motivated Project Architect to join the New York office.
We are looking for a motivated individual who can lead and coordinate with a team of architects and engineers on projects ranging from $ 50M to $ 150M in construction value. The projects will be composed of mixed residential, hotel or commercial sectors. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and effectively lead large teams. The individual should communicate with the A / E team regarding technical, code and constructability issues, while keeping the customer apprised of all issues and meeting required deadlines. This person will be responsible for gathering the required documents (SD, DD and CD) with their respective team. The individual will report directly to the project manager and will interface with the partner in charge of the project.
- Coordinate and manage BBB’s consultants and internal team; execute coordination meetings, communicate directly with the construction manager, keep the team focused on the required tasks, maintain the design intent for the specific project, assemble the project schedule and milestones while assembling the drawings and the specifications of the required contract.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on all project documents to ensure compliance with office standards, client requirements, code and zoning requirements.
- Provide clear and concise direction to staff and consulting engineers.
- Having the ability to keep the whole team focused while creating a positive team environment by maintaining open dialogue.
- Being able to navigate and help assemble the Revit model by guiding the team in the right direction, in accordance with our office’s BIM standards.
III. Skills, knowledge and experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills – Motivate, influence the team to achieve or exceed goals in a positive way.
- Ability to delegate by giving clear instructions, mentoring as needed and following up to assess individual progress.
- Create a clear line of communication within the entire team allowing creativity to grow and improve problem solving.
- Ability to be schedule driven while remaining focused on the overall design goal.
- Have a clear understanding of constructability issues and communicate these issues to the Construction Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of technical and code issues relating to multi-family residences.
- Knowledge of various high rise building systems.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Revit and conflict detection software (such as Navisworks)
- Must be proficient in MS Project and MS Office programs.
- Experience as a senior architect in a comparable staff supervision position.
- More than 9 to 10 years of experience in general architectural practice, including at least 5 years focused on the residential sector.
- Registered architect required and sustainability accreditation preferred.
- The successful candidate should have the following abilities when it comes to working with BIM software:
- Comfortable with 3D surface modeling platforms (McNeel Rhinoceros 6 + Grasshopper preferred).
- Comfortable using Building Information Modeling (BIM) platforms (recent Autodesk Revit experience or Autodesk certified users preferred).
- Convenient use of point clouds (produced by others) as backgrounds for existing conditions or as-built modeling and documentation jobs (Autodesk Recap preferred).
- Experience participating in a BIM execution planning process and adhering to defined standards for model exchange, design creation, drawing production and design review in a common data environment (BIM 360 Design preferably).
- Able to conduct BIM-based coordination, issue tracking and quality assurance using a model verification platform (Autodesk Navisworks, Solibri Model Checker and / or BIM 360 Coordinate preferred).
- Successful experience of producing a BIM that meets data requirements and Level of Development (LOD) expectations for a project.
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. The salary is commensurate with experience and abilities. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and portfolio via the career page at www.BeyerBlinderBelle.com: Beyer Blinder Belle Architects and Planners LLP – Project Architect (Studio A – New York) (paylocity.com).
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …