Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Tue 22 February ’22Posted on:
AUX Architecture is looking for a project architect with more than 10 years of experience.
Founded in 2008, AUX creates spaces where you feel good. The downtown Los Angeles-based practice brings craftsmanship and clarity to designs at every scale, from the home to the urban realm. Functionality, durability and beautiful materials are hallmarks of the cabinet’s skilful architecture. We work on high-end residential, multi-family, mixed-use, hotel and arts projects locally, nationally and internationally. AUX is a collaborative work environment that values its employees and seeks motivated individuals with the right attitudes to join the team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about design excellence and possess excellent communication and collaboration skills. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- A leadership role in developing the design, preparing a set of drawings, coordinating the design team and producing deliverables throughout the design process.
- Ability to manage all phases of a project, from design to construction
- Assist and/or direct project management efforts on projects.
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
- Assist in the construction process: respond to RFIs, review bids, resolve construction issues and field issues.
- Consultant coordination, including drawing review and design integration.
- And, must like dogs (in the studio)
Experience & Qualifications
- 10+ years of architectural experience
- An accredited master’s or bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Excellent graphic and architectural design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, including multitasking and time management.
- Ability to work effectively with others, including colleagues, executives, and external customers and partners.
- Experience with the following software:
- blue beam
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Google (Gmail, Drive…)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
Workplace limitations due to COVID
AUX is partially operating remotely due to COVID-19. Scheduled in-person days are once a week at this time, plus in-person as needed to coordinate deliveries. Full-time in-person work will be required in the coming months. Masks are mandatory.
Please send your CV and Portfolio (5mb max) to [email protected]
Back to task list…