At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united to provide the best experience to our customers. We work together every day to foster an inclusive work culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company.
As a Product Owner within PNC’s CIB Innovations organization, this is a remote position and can sit anywhere within the PNC footprint except Colorado, from Hawaii or Alaska. There are low expectations for regular in-person activities at the office.
In this rapidly changing world, PNC CIB Innovations is always looking for new ways to disrupt the status quo, accelerate time to market and optimize customer experience. We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to lead the charge for this assignment.
Main skills :
• Proven track record of completing tasks and delivering products of substantial value
• Entrepreneurial, start-up or business innovation experience
• Proven creative vision and ability to connect with consumers
• High level of intellectual curiosity and comfortable with ambiguity
• Convincing and effective in communication and presentation to senior management
• Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to enable developers and businesses to deliver great products.
• Rooted in human-centric design with natural empathy for users
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage time.
• Be part of a highly dynamic and multidisciplinary team to develop and improve products in the commercial landscape of the company. You will translate business strategies into products that will delight our customers and position our business for substantial growth.
• Consider market analysis, user feedback, analytics and best practices when driving product strategy. You will prioritize and manage product features in collaboration with line of business and PNC customers.
• Work effectively with our technology, UX design, line of business, vendors, customers, and internal technical teams to determine existing technical features and generate new technical and non-technical requirements to create an exceptional customer experience.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to shape the vision and concept development of a product
• Lead Scrum teams, define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities, communicate with stakeholders throughout the project
• Work with internal and external contacts to analyze requirements and align product roadmap with strategic objectives
• Plan and prioritize the product feature backlog and development for the product
• Develop detailed specifications of product features and ensure they are well understood by the development teams
• Evaluate value, develop cases and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work aligns with product strategy
• Actively mitigate roadblocks impacting the team’s successful completion of release/sprint goals
• Lead product launch plans and set expectations for the delivery of new features
• Serve as product ambassador internally and externally, share knowledge and answer product-related questions
- Owns the vision and definition of the product. Acts as the voice of the customer. Ensures Scrum team effort is focused on the right priorities based on business value.
- Defines and conveys the vision to the team(s) to meet customer requirements to ensure a successful product for business goals.
- Responsible for the creation and integrity of the product backlog. Prioritizes and directs the grooming of the product backlog.
- Works closely with the Scrum Master(s) and development team(s), to ensure the right elements are targeted during the development process. Primary point of contact for team(s) issues and is empowered to make decisions.
PNC employees are proud of our reputation and we expect our employees to be:
- Customer-centric – Know the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage this information to create customized customer solutions.
- Risk management – Evaluate and effectively manage all risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s enterprise risk management framework.
Agile Development – Knowledge of and ability to use formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices, and techniques for the delivery of new and improved applications.
Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight and understanding of business concepts, tools and processes necessary to make sound decisions within the context of business operations; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in a variety of situations.
Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles and processes of design thinking; ability to use knowledge in the design of new products and services and even to improve the functioning of the organization.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively convey, receive and interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Innovation – Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve organizational performance.
Interpersonal Relations – Knowledge of techniques and ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
IT Standards, Procedures and Policies – Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards and procedures.
Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent goals, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments about prioritization and time allocation.
Organizational Leadership – Knowledge and ability to use strategies and skills to involve others in setting, adopting and achieving goals.
Planning and Organizing – Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.
Solution Development – Knowledge and ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions.
Roles at this level typically require a University/College degree, with 5+ years of relevant industry experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional job description
Base salary: Based on skills and experience.
PNC offers its employees a full range of benefits to meet your current and future needs. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a health savings account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spousal/children’s life insurance; short-term and long-term disability protection; maternity leave and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absences; 401(k), retirement and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; supportive care for children/elderly; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a strong wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability accommodation statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and responsive to individual needs. If you have a physical or other disability that may require accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or the application process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruitment or contact email us at [email protected]
Hours of operation for the Human Resources Service Center are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, veteran status or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to understand how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in connection with our employment practices.