- If you are passionate about building infrastructure for hundreds of businesses in Africa, this role is for you.
- We are looking for a Project Manager who will manage the organization of key projects and drive the organization’s business strategy.
- He/She will be responsible for overseeing and managing all projects ensuring they are completed in a timely manner.
Every day you will:
- Develop project plans capturing key developments and activities and manage project plans for all projects.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Coordinate and evaluate all company-wide projects and ensure all teams adhere to project schedules
- Coordinate with project team members to ensure synergy, identify and resolve issues.
- Report and escalate issues that will delay project progress to management in a timely manner
- Provide and prepare regular project progress reports to management and the business on strategy, adjustments and progress of all projects
- Measure project performance using project management systems and tools.
You would be ideal for this role if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience in the technology space.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- An ability to achieve overall goals and milestones
- Strong technical background, with an understanding or hands-on experience of software development and web technologies
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- An analytical and problem-solving mindset and strong decision-making skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with teams and clients
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence
- Ability to plan a project and see it through.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your network by working with some of the best minds we know. You will also work with an incredible team of designers, managers and strategists.
- We believe we are doing impactful work at Bloc – helping founders build FinTech solutions for the African market, indirectly contributing to financial inclusion.
- You will get first-hand experience contributing to impact-oriented work.
Where would you work?
- We have an office in Lagos. However, we are currently working remotely, although from time to time a physical presence may be required.
You should not play this role if:
- You need step-by-step top-down instructions on how to complete your tasks.
- You will work in a very fast and fast learning environment.
- You will be working in very high impact areas and collaboration with your team is of the utmost importance to foster alignment.
- You find excuses for why you can’t do something. While we understand that your skill level may not be as advanced, “not possible” is not an answer we want to hear.