San Francisco, California, United StatesLocation:
Fri 17 Jun ’22Posted on:
Who we are:
DTSalazar Inc. (DTS) is an owner representation/project management firm that specializes in delivering ambitious design and construction projects on behalf of a host of visionary and discerning clients.
Our focus is ultra-high-end, large-scale residential planning, but also includes a wide range of project types and collaborations with some of the best and brightest in the industry. We work on a variety of real estate ventures ranging in phases from acquisition, investment, strategic planning, financing, construction, maintenance, operations and disposals.
The roles, responsibilities and skills needed to meet the challenges of representing the owner of how we approach vocation are deep and varied. Not only does one need to be an expert in the day-to-day technical aspects of the job, but one also needs to have mature business insight and interpersonal skills at their fingertips. Top notch interpersonal skills, a keen eye that excels beyond what others typically see, and empathy for others are essential. We aspire to never lose sight of the big picture, we are passionate about excellence and we value authenticity, integrity and collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced Owner’s Representative with over 10 years of experience in architecture and/or luxury real estate development/construction. This role will be responsible for supporting both our internal team and our clients who are primarily contractors based in New York, Austin, the San Francisco Bay Area and Europe with potential expansion to other global locations. As the Owner’s Representative, you will act as a liaison between our clients and the rest of the project team – architecture, design, construction, property management and other functions within the Single Family Offices. You will play a pivotal role in achieving project goals and milestones, the most important of which is ensuring that our client’s vision is met. It means managing a successful project – from design planning to construction – in which all team members are empowered to excel. One has a sophisticated understanding of how to balance the disparate forces of quality, schedules and budgets towards tangible results and one is not intimidated by solving complex problems, nor by uncertainty.
As a concierge-style point of contact for select clients and our teams, you will need to know the right types of questions to ask so you can convert often-layered information into solid, actionable information.
strategies. You will need to organize, synthesize and refine the critical decision-making elements needed to move the project forward. The team will be looking for you to provide advice and guidance with regards to design, value engineering, scope definition, cost estimate audits, contractor pre-qualification general and subcontractors, schedules and construction. Whether driving site
due diligence visits or assessments, managing the design and construction process, reviewing architectural plans and construction drawings, or resolving design issues – you will need to manage various aspects of a project simultaneously. project.
The right candidate sees the entrepreneurial nature of building and managing teams (internal/external) as an exciting and dynamic challenge. They will bring energy, integrity, precision and discipline to their role and will enjoy both a fast-paced environment as well as the peace and quiet of strategic planning when not in the field. The individual will work to maximize the time and experience of all parties involved, including their customers, partners and associates. This extends from the early stages of planning, design and construction, to managing the property’s facilities during occupancy. By extension, this includes understanding and supporting the facility so that management and operations, security, special functions, hospitality and special initiatives can be successful. The role requires uncompromising discretion and professionalism and the availability to travel (likely several weeks per year) as required to maintain best in class service.
Architecture & Design
- Inspire and lead architecture teams to deliver innovative design solutions that align with client vision
- Ensure that the architecture team provides accurate and timely details and drawings to the construction team
- Ensure the timeline for project design decisions is clearly communicated to the entire project team
Pre-construction and construction
- Negotiate contracts
- Review and approve change orders
- Effectively manage neighborly relations
- Drive punch list and closure management
- Manage shippers to secure building permits
- Coordination of consultants and site visits
- Ensure that construction deadlines and changes are communicated clearly and proactively
- Analyze the structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical aspects of the construction project
General project management
- Manage budget and invoices
- Drive strategic planning and operations management
- Foster effective problem solving and customer communication
- Attend weekly Owner, Architect and Construction meetings
- Identify potential issues before they arise and work to mitigate risk
- Assist the team in the development and improvement of systems and procedures
- Facilitate and guide solutions to ensure projects are completed as planned
- Generate reports that demonstrate project status against their plan and schedule
- Serve as primary point of contact, receive and transfer information to appropriate parties and facilitate meetings as needed
Who are you:
Perhaps you are a seasoned architect with an impeccable design point of view, experienced in detail and leading teams to achieve a desired goal. Or maybe you have worked in real estate development on luxury residential or hotel projects. You may be a construction industry professional with a passion for building with the highest quality materials for the highest quality end product. Or maybe you worked in the owner’s representative. space and are passionate about going deeper into a few long-term, bespoke projects.
Whatever your background, you are dynamic, experienced, detail-oriented, driven, unfazed and passionate about precision. You see this opportunity as a calling without limits and recognize that leadership, in all its varied forms, is a requirement for success.
- You have a low ego but high confidence
- You pride yourself on being very trustworthy
- You like to work independently and are motivated
- You have strong leadership and decision-making skills
- You have a positive attitude and can keep calm under pressure
- You have strong and succinct written and oral communication skills
- You’re not afraid to raise your hand when something’s wrong
- You are a self-motivated, initiative-driven and solution-oriented individual
- You like to dive into the details, but can also analyze the big picture
- You are a seasoned investigator who spares no effort when things don’t add up
- You are a problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions that aren’t obvious
- You have a learner mindset with a passion for learning new skills, information and specialties
- You have an insatiable commitment to problem solving, while ensuring that no one is left behind
- You empower people and work strategically to achieve what at first may seem unachievable.
- You have high emotional intelligence and can collaborate with a variety of personalities to build strong, trusting relationships.
- You have a fierce commitment to maintaining security, confidentiality and respect with all parties. And just as important, you encourage and empower others to do the same.
- You know how to instill confidence in others so that they feel both a sense of urgency and a responsibility to communicate and escalate when necessary, and you value time as a precious commodity
Key skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, priorities, and people simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth, results-driven environment
- Ability to coordinate project design and construction teams with end users, environmental health and safety, internal IT, AV, security teams, etc.
- Accelerated construction experience in design-build
- Excellent written and verbal communication, focused on planning, execution and follow-up
- Strong analytical skills; works well under pressure
- Strong individual contributor. Self-starter who has exceptional time management skills and pays close attention to detail
- Direct experience in construction management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of construction practices and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand architectural plans and drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction finance, project budgets and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide variety of building materials, products and systems
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and manage priorities.
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports
- Competitive salary
- Remote post
- Medical and dental benefits
- Additional benefits and 401k (under development)
- Welfare allowance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for personal and sick leave
*Compensation based on experience
- Location: This is a live position with bases in New York, San Francisco Bay Area and Austin.
- Verifiable references, extensive background check and online assessment required of all qualified finalists.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in an equitable and inclusive environment.
Please send applications to: [email protected]