Role and responsibilities
The MEAL Project Manager supports the timely and appropriate provision of NFI, Health, WASH and Shelter assistance for the Ukrainian population, the MEAL Project Manager is responsible for assessments and MEAL activities within the program. In this role, he/she will manage and supervise seven MEAL staff members, as well as internal and external referrals. Close coordination and due diligence will be required with program teams. Applicants should have humanitarian/development experience in data collection and analysis, and be able to contribute to program design, adaptation and best practices. The MEAL PM will establish and manage a beneficiary accountability mechanism.
Medair Ukraine responds to the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine by providing emergency humanitarian assistance to internally displaced Ukrainians, post-conflict communities and ongoing conflict areas. The projects are in the sectors of WASH health, non-food items and housing. The team currently consists of approximately 60 national staff and eight international staff in Ukraine.
Workplace and conditions
Field position based in Poland, with frequent travel to six cities in western and northern Ukraine.
Start date / Initial contract details
As soon as possible. Full time, 6 months minimum.
Main fields of activity
- Train MEAL staff on assessment tools, tracking tools, indicator monitoring and reporting, and AIP/beneficiary accountability.
- Support through building models and tools for MEAL staff.
- Complete the MEAL training.
- Establish and manage a beneficiary hotline number and an iBOT.
- Oversee internal and external referral systems from the AAP system.
- Attend RIMS coordination meetings at national level.
- Oversee/manage evaluations, in collaboration with project teams and external consultants.
- Promote accountability to the principles and good practices of affected populations.
- Participate in collaboration with external entities.
- Provide due diligence support for all field data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Oversee the internal learning process from monitoring activities and implementation of actions.
- Promote innovations in data collection, analysis and reporting of results.
- Oversee the collection and management of accurate and consistent assessment data from Ukrainian families to inform shelter programming.
- Oversee the development and/or modification of all assessment tools, both internal and external.
- Lead the cash component of any housing support in informal settlements as it develops.
- Represent Medair on the national shelter technical working group as required.
- Coordinate with I/NGOs, UN agencies and the shelter sector.
- Oversee Medair’s partnership with its national shelter partner with respect to assessments.
- Contribute to donor proposals and reports with regards to evaluations.
- Oversee the monitoring of all shelter activities, against key indicators, to help Medair and its partners learn quickly and be accountable for its work.
- Oversee the development and/or modification of all shelter MEAL tools, both internal and external.
- Oversee the implementation of the health monitoring and evaluation plan for Medair health programs.
- Oversee the development of tools, data collection, analysis and dissemination of results for regular and periodic surveys.
- Lead the engagement of consultants for surveys, as required.
- Contribute to donor proposals and reports related to Health MEAL.
- Oversee the monitoring of all treasury activities, against key indicators, to help Medair and its partners learn quickly and be accountable for its work.
- Oversee the development and/or modification of all cash MEAL tools, both internal and external.
Team spiritual life
- Reflect Medair values to team members, local staff, beneficiaries and external contacts.
- Work, live and pray together in our Christian faith-based team frameworks. Contribute fully to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to the Medair International Prayer Network.
This job description covers the main tasks foreseen. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Degree in public health, biostatistics, international development or other relevant social science.
- Excellent working knowledge of the English language (spoken and written).
- 2 years of relevant work experience in the humanitarian sector.
- 1 year of professional management experience, including writing proposals and reports.
- Experience working in cross-cultural contexts with good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in survey design, data collection, management, analysis and use, in humanitarian or development contexts, including the use of software such as ODK, Magpie or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Strong leadership skills with a supportive management style, able to take initiative in project decisions.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and compassionate manners from a driven and energetic individual.
- Detail oriented with strong numeracy, problem solving and document writing skills.
- Able to manage own work and resources to achieve time-bound goals.
All new international staff deployed to Medair country programs (and other roles requiring field travel) must be fully immunized with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, along with a COVID vaccination certificate as proof.
How to register
Please ensure that you are fully aware of:
b) Medair is committed to ensuring the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and in particular children. Therefore, we do not employ staff who we understand are unsuitable for working with children. Medair personnel are expected to have the utmost respect for and comply with, Medair Liability Policies and Best Practices.
vs) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which is part of the recruitment screening process for field positions).
To apply, go to this job offer on our Medair page.
Please do not submit multiple applications. We will not consider applications by e-mail. Only applications/CVs in English will be considered.