Remuneration: R20,000-R30,000 CTC, subject to experience
Please submit your CV and a detailed cover letter explaining why you would be an ideal candidate for this position. [email protected].
About the role
GVI is an award-winning social enterprise. We connect our participants around the world with communities and wildlife in amazing places. With us, you meet like-minded people, learn from organizations that protect our natural world and empower other humans, and find your purpose.
We are appointing a new role within the GVI Group: a Marketing Project Manager who will support the Marketing Operations Manager and work closely with our internal marketing teams (Creative, Content, Communication, Development, Analytics, Outreach). Under the direction of the Marketing Operations Manager, the objective of this role is to ensure the smooth running, collaboration and efficiency of our marketing operations. You will achieve this by communicating cross-functionally, prioritizing and informing upcoming work, channeling tasks to the right resources within marketing, creating and managing project timelines, ensuring updates are website updates occur in a timely manner and assisting in the implementation of project management tools.
This role will work across three brands within the GVI Group (GVI, Bushwise and Impact Academy).
Our ideal candidate will constantly look to the future. They will manage workflows and deadlines within the marketing team, ensure that the most important tasks are prioritized under the direction of the marketing operations manager, prevent bottlenecks before they appear and ensure that all applications have adequate resources to produce the best work possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to join GVI as we embark on our next stage of growth. Our new operations team will become the heart of our marketing work, helping to lead an evolving creative and technical team in the sustainability sector.
If you’re hungry for work with real purpose, eager to collaborate, and fun and focused, we’d love to meet you.
What you will do and why it matters
- Support the effective coordination and delivery of projects across all three brands
- Understand all the details of products and operations across brands
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing Operations, support the prioritization and reprioritization of all projects and requests for the marketing team (25+ people)
- Build and manage project timelines from start to finish and ensure project deadlines are met
- Report project progress to management and stakeholders
- Ensure that cross-departmental projects and tasks are communicated and executed effectively
- Assist marketing resources with operational administration by managing and auditing tasks, results and efficiency
- Maintain project schedules, Gannt charts, Trello boards, reports and trackers
- Support the Marketing Operations Manager and Web Content Manager in planning website update and maintenance
- Coordinate with departments outside of the marketing team, on behalf of those in marketing, to ensure effective lines of communication and completion of briefs
- Use technology to help effectively manage marketing department projects
- Help find independent or external support from our network and help develop a broader outsourcing plan if needed
- Support the Marketing Operations Manager by reviewing briefs, ensuring they are up to standard and contain all relevant details so designers/editors/writers/creatives/developers can get to work when they need to get started work
- Assist with file management and workflow optimizations
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly status reports
- Initiate and lead daily stand-up meetings according to the needs of each brand and project
- Facilitate project debriefings as needed
- Collaborate with the growing Marketing Operations team as it grows and the need to find new solutions to business needs
what you will need
- 3+ years of experience in this role or similar, ideally in an agency and/or digital marketing environment
- Qualification or certification in marketing or project management
- Experience working with creative and/or digital marketing teams
- Experience using task and project management software
- Commercial spirit with a keen sense of process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Solution-focused mindset and attitude is an absolute must
- Process driven but agile to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and concise communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire teamwork
- A hands-on approach with team members
- Proactive, always thinking 1, 2 or 3 steps ahead to reduce capacity overload and resource shortages
- Passionate about delivering the best possible creative work in the most efficient way
We are an award-winning social enterprise whose mission is to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run all of our own sustainability programs in 13 countries around the world aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
To ensure that we truly have a lasting positive impact, we partner with local governmental and non-governmental organizations on the ground. Over 35,000 participants have volunteered, completed an internship or studied abroad with us in our 21 years of operation and most have described the experience as ‘life changing’.
Please note: We will do our best to respond to all applicants, but given the large number of applications we receive, this is not always possible. If you do not hear from us within three to four weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Published on March 02 09:17, Closing date April 30