PDA is a published, award-winning architectural practice in the Rancho Park neighborhood (adjacent to Westwood/Century City) in West LA. PDA’s work includes modern single-family residential projects, commercial/office work, adaptive reuse and context-sensitive renovations. We advocate for sustainability in all projects. We are dedicated to ambitious design with carefully considered details and superior customer service.
Position now open: Junior project manager/designer with 3 to 5 years of experience in all phases of residential and – incidentally – commercial works in US offices. At this seniority level (i.e. Early Intermediate), we expect the candidates’ project management experience and skills to be established. This position will involve independent work as well as collaborative support from senior management and the office manager. We are looking for a curious, enthusiastic and ambitious team member.
PDA creates working drawings with Revit and AutoCad on the PC platform. We are continually integrating Revit (BIM) more fully into our project work. QQualified candidates for this position will be skilled users of Revit (sometimes providing guidance to other staff in the use of the software) in addition to having a great ease with Autocad/2D drawing platforms, rendering software and basic office programs.
This position also requires:
- Strong design skills and ability to represent small and large scale project design ideas through hand sketching and digital methods (2D and 3D).
- Significant project management experience (some coordination of client contacts and the roles of consultants and contractors to help guide a project through to completion, as well as office team members), including a exposure to construction administration of single family residential and/or commercial field and office work
- Ability to complete assembly of design presentation drawings, as well as filing, pricing and CD sets with guidance on office standards for basic formatting and necessary content. Applicants should have a working knowledge of relevant local codes and permitting processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, as well as strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Sketchup, Rhino and/or other graphics/rendering software
- This position will include drafting/drafting and collaborating with other members of the project team in creating sets of drawings
- Applicants must have a professional architecture degree from an accredited U.S. academic institution (college/university). Please don’to applicants without a current US work visa. We encourage applicants for licensure, as well as recent graduates of a graduate program who have previous work experience.
An initial base of experience with the appropriate details (in modern and contextual modes) is desired in a successful candidate.
PDA strives to create a stimulating and supportive work environment, where staff learn, grow and share their experience with others, while accepting responsibilities commensurate with their ability to contribute. Salary and benefits are competitive and based on experience. We are located in a vital, amenity-rich part of Los Angeles, we offer fine organic/fair trade coffee, tasty snacks, and provide support for licensing processes and other professional development. Most of our staff now work in person in our physical office and, if so, are fully vaccinated. We continue to have a weekly COVID testing program.
We appreciate your inquiry regarding this position and the PDA.
Please submit a brief cover letter, curriculum vitae and graphic samples showing relevant professional and academic work (including CD excerpts/details and hand sketch samples; pdf format not exceeding 5MBplease) to:
Insert “Project Manager” in the subject line.
No calls or visits, please.
We will respond to candidates whose documents demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the position.