Passionate, motivated and organized young junior project manager to provide PM assistance and coordination to the PM team. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with good coordination skills to enter the PM space, especially in managing software and infrastructure projects. This is a one year contract.
- Meet with project sponsors to develop a project charter and statement of work.
- Manage projects and deliverables in a fairly complex environment, including IT, and production & on industrial sites for large corporate clients in South Africa and overseas.
- Engage with stakeholders and coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all their projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Assist in defining project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Visit of the site according to the needs of the project.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. Plan to share with client and internal team.
- Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Report and escalate to management if necessary.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/suppliers.
- Create and maintain complete project documentation.
- Meet with customers to take detailed order notes and clarify specific requirements for each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on the individual strengths, skills, and experience levels of subordinate staff members.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to analyze the achievement of short and long term goals.
- Achieve budget targets and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Continuously use and develop leadership skills.
- Certification in PM (PMI-CAPM, PMI-PMP, Prince2)
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a project coordinator/junior project manager.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects as a team/individually (on time, within budget) of moderate to large/complex projects (>R1m)
- Proven professional experience in project management.
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of contract management (i.e. bespoke, GCC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills (being able to do more/help with 8 projects at a time).
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Project. Primavera
- Experience working with project management tools (PWA, Jira and more)
Desired level of qualification: