Pratt + Black Architects is a boutique design firm with a dynamic, collaborative and supportive work culture. Our portfolio is programmatically and stylistically diverse and ranges from dynamic new construction to sensible renovations of single and multi-family residences in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Westchester, the Hamptons, Connecticut, Florida and beyond. We are committed to championing the needs of our customers and we are committed to improving their experience of their environment. Our projects are rooted in the need to create meditative spaces that enhance the lives of our clients and connect them to their environment. We celebrate diverse forms of creative expression and our projects strive to engage their contexts while drawing on a wide range of contemporary influences to create fresh yet timeless designs to support the lives and aspirations of our people. clients.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, mature and highly motivated Junior Architect to join the design team at our Bronxville studio on a full-time basis. Our office also offers some flexibility for working remotely. Qualified candidates will be individuals with excellent graphic and interpersonal skills, a confident spirit and a love of design, seeking hands-on work experience in an informal design studio atmosphere. Excellent drafting skills in AutoCAD are essential and previous hands-on experience in architectural/interior/furniture design companies is a plus, as are 3D visualization skills. Responsibilities would include participating in design research and development for ongoing projects in the office. Remuneration will depend on the candidate’s skills and level of experience.
Priority is given to those already located in the New York metropolitan area available to join immediately.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from an accredited architecture program. M.Arch degree is a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with a focus on residential projects
- Experience in all phases of architectural services from schematic design to construction administration
- Proficiency in CAD, 3D modeling, Adobe suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Positive “Can Do” attitude with excellent analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, while managing deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Experience in producing construction documentation, including coordinating consultants, product research and detailed development
- Strong digital writing, modeling and visualization skills
- A commitment to design excellence and a desire for professional growth
- Work closely with project managers and designers to develop designs from concept to construction
- Contribute to the production of design presentation deliverables, technical drawings and detailed 3D digital models
- Search building materials
- Search project zoning and building code for site-specific analysis
- Coordinate and communicate with product suppliers
- Contribute to design team and consultant collaborations
The position is initially for a full-time consultant. We require that all applicants be eligible to legally work in the United States. Please send a cover letter, resume and selected work samples to: [email protected] The file should not exceed 10 MB.
View your application history
Back to task list…