A Fourways-based fintech company is urgently looking for a mid-level IT project manager to lead teams to complete project (s) spanning one or more business units. Reporting to the Senior IT Manager as this also includes managing issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time delivery of the project. Work with exciting large-scale architecture, technology and projects used by millions of people, both upgrades and new projects. Must be prepared to work 100% of [URL Removed]
- 4+ years of experience as IT Project Manager
- 2 years + work in a Software development environment
- Lead and manage the project from concept to implementation.
- Define the project scope, objectives and deliverables that support the business objectives in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Develop project plans and documents associated with the project.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate and agree on the resources and participants needed to achieve project objectives with other departments in the company.
- If necessary, negotiate with other managers for the use of the required personnel within the company.
- Identify and assess the need for additional staff and / or consultants and report to senior management as necessary, during the project cycle.
- Continuously define and manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage dependencies and critical paths of the project.
- Plan and program timelines and project milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documents and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from project team members, analyze results and resolve issues.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and design contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Coach, coach, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors (if applicable) and influence them to take positive action and be accountable for their work.
- Build, develop and develop all business relationships vital for the success of the project.
- Computer related diploma or diploma
- Certificate in Project Management
- Agile / Cascade Experience
- Knowledge of SDLC (C #, Java and more)
- Knowledge and experience in ICT would be an asset
- Must be process oriented
- Ability to work with all levels of staff (from CEO to call center staff)
- Have brilliant problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Find out more / Apply for this position