We are looking for an experienced Architect to join our team and lead a new townhouse hose renovation. If you have strong 3D modeling skills, can successfully manage a design-to-build project, and live in the New York City area, we want to hear from you.
JVA is an award-winning boutique architecture firm in the heart of Chelsea. We have focused solely on high end, custom residential work over the past 30 years, including townhouse and apartment renovations, rooftop additions and new fully built townhouses. Our current projects include a new 6 story townhouse (with a basketball court below) on the Upper West Side, a 6,000 square foot triplex in a new West Village development, and others.
We are a tight-knit group of creative problem solvers with a taste for well-crafted design and work in a collaborative team environment, pushing the boundaries until a project is the best it can be. In a small team, this is a unique opportunity to lead your own projects and manage them from conception to completion.
- Lead your own projects under the direction of the director and with the support of the team.
- Generate designs and presentations.
- Produce drawings and construction details.
- Ensure compliance with building codes and industry standards.
- Manage schedules and coordination of clients, contractors, shippers, consultants, municipal agencies and suppliers.
- Perform construction administration including review of shop drawings and tenders.
- 5 to 10 years of experience.
- This is a managerial position – you can take a project from concept to construction, and you are a critical thinker, problem solver, and able to handle multiple projects.
- Experience with New York residential and freestanding homes and all phases of architecture
- High level of proficiency in 3D modeling or BIM, Revit, SketchUp or Archicad and Adobe Creative Suite software
- Track record of successfully managing 2 or more projects at a time
- Knowledge of New York building codes, zoning and LPC
- Strong conceptual, design and detailing skills
This is a full-time salaried position with health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and public holidays. Please do not answer if you are looking for remote, part-time or freelance work.
Please submit a pdf document including a * personalized cover letter explaining why you would like to work at JVA and why you think would be a perfect fit for you, * your salary requirements, resume and work examples including any 3D models you have executed for [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your interest in JVA!
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …