Forbes is a dynamic and forward-thinking media company. Over the past three years, we’ve grown our print and digital audiences faster than any other major media company (according to Google Analytics and MRI). We are continuing this trajectory by investing in the best journalists, technologists and analysts in the industry.
We are currently looking for creatives and entrepreneurs Product owners join our Product and Tech group to own the life cycle of one or more of our basic products. They will work in collaboration with teams of engineers and designers to evolve our websites and tools to meet the needs of our users, our brand partners and our editorial team. Our Product Owners bring the best user experience, business strategy and product design to market by validating creative ideas with usability studies, A / B testing methodologies and analytics. They work closely with development managers and cross-functional teams on various business initiatives across different digital platforms – desktop, mobile, video, email, social, audio and more.
If you’re looking for startup-like challenges and opportunities, with the benefits of an experienced and successful business, read on.
- Plan and coordinate the execution and delivery of your product roadmap through close collaboration with UX / UI designers, engineering teams, quality assurance and third-party vendors
- Participate in daily development stand-ups to monitor progress and adjust priorities as needed
- Define product KPIs, actively measure and analyze existing products to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Define product requirements in partnership with stakeholders and in alignment with the platform’s overall strategy
- Demonstrate a willingness to experiment, iterate, innovate and fail quickly.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with customers, partners, sales and technical teams and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Document new features and communicate features to end users
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to improve user satisfaction
- Actively engage development and quality assurance teams to facilitate the implementation of new products and understand the challenges they face
- Collaborate with UX / UI teams to improve user experience across all platforms and products
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape, industry trends and digital innovation in the market
Skills and expertise required:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing technical products on web products
- Hands-on experience at all stages of the website’s product lifecycle, bonus points for previous engineering or design experience
- A passionate commitment to user-centric design and development
- Proven track record of making smart tradeoffs between feature development and time to market
- Extensive experience working with desktop / mobile analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Mixpanel, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of product and software development techniques and agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of web design principles and good understanding of front-end web technologies.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Good team player with respect for others, but able to work independently
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and new media
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field an asset)
To apply, click here.
To see all the opportunities, click here.
About our Products and Technologies group:
We are a team of 75 passionate professionals who include product owners, developers, designers and data scientists. We manage a product portfolio that sees over 100 million users per month. We practice lean development principles and work in a beta environment driven by testing. We chat on Slack, organize on Trello / Jira, design in Sketch, and code in React / Angular / Python / R. Read our blog to find out more.
About Forbes Media
Forbes Media is a global media, branding and technology company focused on news and information on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership and the affluent lifestyles. The company publishes Forbes, Forbes Asia, Forbes Europe and ForbesLife magazines as well as Forbes.com and ForbesLife.com. The Forbes brand now reaches over 75 million people worldwide with its commercial message each month through its magazines and 38 licensed local editions around the world, Forbes.com, TV, conferences, research, social and mobile platforms . Forbes Magazine’s iPad app merges print storytelling with social and web sharing. Forbes Media brand extensions include conferencing, real estate, education, financial services, and technology licensing agreements.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.