Do you want to help shape our natural environment? Are you passionate about mitigating environmental risks to protect people and wildlife? Do you love championing sustainability?
The Environment Agency is investing £5.2billion over the next 6 years to reduce flood risk for homes and businesses across England. These are exciting times and we need your help to ensure this work is done with environmental impact in mind.
By joining our National Environmental Assessment and Sustainability (NEAS) team as an Environmental Project Manager, you will play an important role in achieving positive results for people and wildlife.
This role belongs to our NEAS team supporting the South West hub which runs the work program for the Devon, Cornwall, Isles of Scilly and Wessex regions.
You will work closely with external delivery partners and Environment Agency specialists within integrated project teams to:
• Ensure engineering projects are environmentally compliant
• Review, plan and help coordinate the conduct of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
• Work with a variety of environmental stakeholders
• Identify environmental opportunities and provide multiple benefits
• Defend a sustainable approach to the delivery of our projects
• You will have environmental training, training and/or experience in an environmental discipline.
• You will have strong communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers and partners.
• You will be able to show where you have worked with others to deliver environmental benefits and considered environmental risks.
• You will have a basic knowledge of statutory environmental impact assessments, environmental statements and strategic environmental assessments (SEAs).
• You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of different technical areas of expertise, such as habitat regulation, net biodiversity gain, natural capital, environmental planning or design.
• Program and/or project management skills are essential.
Closing Date: April 17, 2022.