ENVIRONMENT: Serve as a recognized expert and thought leader in complex IT transformations and architectures as the next Enterprise Architect I have been sought by a retail giant to help shape their landscape technological. Your role will involve platform modernization, business systems, digital transformation, cloud deployment, software-defined networking, and more. You will need a Computer Science/Engineering/Architecture/Software degree or equivalent tertiary qualification and cloud certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP) with 15 years experience in the IT industry. You should be proficient in information management practices, systems development lifecycle management, IT service management, Agile and Lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks. You must also possess the leadership ability to provide timely advice and guidance to operationalize strategic plans, manage complex deals and mentor staff. [URL Removed] and inspire strategic stakeholders to champion technology investments
- Act as a technology evangelist and strategist to demonstrate, share and realize technology innovation.
- Use both technology and business results to facilitate informed conversations with executives to influence priorities and promote investment in technology.
- Lead and drive the infrastructure modernization movement, including hybrid multi-cloud, edge computing, containerization, and automated and programmable infrastructure.
- Recommend and advise business leaders on business opportunities and benefits presented by investments in key technologies.
- Provide advisory advice and actionable recommendations to business leaders making technology investment decisions.
Identify strategic technology imperatives
- Perform trend spotting on key disruptive technologies and identify technology imperatives (technology modernization, technology standardization, Cybersecurity, cloud, automation, IOT, process mining, DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering, etc.) to make recommendations on technology initiatives (POC, experimentation, technology incubation) projects, etc.) that will enable a competitive technological advantage.
- Identify the technology platforms and architectures needed to enable digital business products and services.
- Identify key technology portfolios that support critical business processes and connect technologies to business outcomes.
- Formulate cloud transition strategies considering possible deployment options and implementation challenges.
Shape and lead enterprise technology selection
- Identify strategic technology providers for critical business solutions and for emerging/trend technologies to enable innovation and differentiation.
- Develop relationships with strategic suppliers and influence them to align their roadmaps with the company’s technology transformation strategy.
- Define measurable technology outcomes, such as the readiness and availability of technology stacks, against the business outcomes of critical business processes.
- Define technology architecture principles that strategically guide the selection, use and deployment of all technologies.
- Shape and lead enterprise-level technology standards with consideration for strategic technology vendors.
Formulate technology strategy, architectures and implementation roadmaps
- Contribute to IT strategy content and develop an enterprise technology vision and strategy with an implementation roadmap (including objectives and key results) and a definition of the reference architecture that links the realization from technology strategy to the business outcomes it supports.
- Create a ready set of technology reference architectures for easy reuse.
- Determine infrastructure technical debt (commercial, operational, technical and financial suitability) and detect critical gaps in the technology environment to recommend solutions for improvement and prioritization of technology modernization investments.
- Present proposed IT technology investment roadmaps that reflect the state of existing and required technology solutions and its ability to contribute to future business capabilities around digital ecosystems and platforms.
- Create end-to-end technology and infrastructure architectures at the strategic level for key strategic transformation projects or as needed.
- Perform assessments and reviews of enterprise, domain, and solution architectures as part of the Architecture Review Board, balancing immediate and strategic needs.
Defend enterprise architecture technology capability
- Position the practice of enterprise architecture at the intersection of business and IT and promote the business value of enterprise architecture as an enabler of strategy formulation.
- Lead the creation and maturation of Enterprise Architecture capability which is a trusted and respected consulting service selected by executives to consult on the development and execution of business and technology strategy.
- Establish adaptive enterprise architecture governance mechanisms that balance risk and agility.
- Provide active guidance and mentorship to other Architects and continuously improve the Enterprise Architecture practice with the extended Architecture team.
- Contribute to the development of the Enterprise Architecture framework and Enterprise Architecture capability, detailing and sharing knowledge and standard methodologies with peer architects.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Architecture/Software or equivalent.
- Cloud certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP).
Experience/skills 15 years old work experience in the IT industry.12 years experience
- Contribute technological expertise to IT programs, projects and products from business analysis, architectures, systems analysis and design to development, testing, implementation and production.
- Manage and mentor technology teams and talent across business applications and operational areas (desirable).
10 years of experience
- Shape IT strategy and roadmaps and develop, manage and implement technology roadmaps and portfolios.
- Successfully lead architects and technical teams to implement and integrate enterprise-level solutions in a complex multi-cloud environment.
- Collaborate with program managers, project managers and business stakeholders to deliver technology.
- Knowledge of building enterprise, domain, and solution-level architectures and architecture and design of technology platforms, storage infrastructure, enterprise applications, enterprise hybrid cloud, and solutions cloud natives.
- In-depth knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, PaaS, SOA, APIs, microservices, event-driven computing and predictive analytics (desirable).
- Knowledge of strategic frameworks and best practices such as TOGAF, ITIL, ISO 27001, CobiT, Balanced Scorecard, etc. (desirable).
5 years of experience
- Technology consulting with CxO level executives for large enterprise programs.
- Deep expertise in cloud hyperscalability technologies, tools, services, offerings, environments and methodologies.
- Design large complex systems in the field of cyber, digital modernization and/or software.
- Participate in RFx technology acquisition processes.
- Experience in the retail industry with an understanding of retail business processes (desirable).
- Formulate technology strategy, architectures and implementation roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult with CxO level executives while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in problem solving
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as manage difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed strategic sense
- Proficiency in information management practices, systems development lifecycle management, IT service management, Agile and Lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Leadership ability to provide timely advice and guidance to operationalize strategic plans, manage complex deals and mentor staff simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to manage cultural diversity.
- Leadership abilities to facilitate teamwork to achieve business goals while promoting a culture of common purpose.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position