New York, NY, United StatesSite:
Mon Sep 6 21Posted on:
Jett Projects is currently seeking a Designer / Project Manager with 1-3 years of experience in interior design / architecture or related creative industries to work on new and existing projects and to help strengthen our team. Founded in 2020, and already covered in publications such as Architectural Digest and New York Magazine, we are growing rapidly and this is a great opportunity for someone who is self-sufficient and looking to gain confidence and experience in a new design studio.
Jett Projects is an interior staging studio focused on creating highly charged atmospheric spaces for our clients from macro to micro scale.
- Design various elements of interior spaces by sketching, AutoCAD computer drawing and 3D modeling / rendering.
- Transform a Creative Director sketch and turn it into reality through 3D model drawings and studies.
- Assist in creating a material palette, extracting reference images and sourcing FF&E.
- Create design presentations for meetings with clients.
- Take field measurements of existing site conditions and translate them into AutoCAD.
- Create price / offer drawings and construction drawings in AutoCAD.
- Assist in research of specifications and creation of specification packages.
- Daily monitoring of project progress by sending / calling various project suppliers, manufacturers, contractors and customers.
- Ensure FF&E supply from initial selection and approval, through purchase to delivery and installation
- Maintain the project schedule and update the budget if necessary.
- Must have an intermediate understanding of AutoCAD.
- Must know 3D computer rendering software. Rhino / VRAY is preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of Excel, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience designing custom furniture and documenting various details.
- Experience in providing information to contractors and manufacturers is preferred.
- Has a driven and go-getter personality with excellent time management skills and an ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has a keen interest in other creative outlets such as art, fashion, film, nightlife, etc. Has a general knowledge of what is going on in the creative world of New York around them outside of interior design.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, industrial design or furniture design.
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience in a high-end design studio. Experience in an interior design studio is desirable but not required.
- Full-time hours: Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The studio is currently located at NoMad. This position requires the candidate to be in the studio at least 4 days per week.
- It is possible to work from home (or remotely) one day a week. It can be any day you want.
- This work will require frequent travel to job sites and suppliers / manufacturers in New York.
- Monthly overnight and domestic trips to out-of-state employment sites may also be required, to places such as the Berkshires, upstate New York, and the West Coast.
If you are excited to work together, please email [email protected] with your CV and portfolio.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …