ARCHITECTURE the next generation data warehousing framework of a leading retail giant with a footprint on the African continent as your technical expertise is sought to fill the role of its next warehousing solutions architect data. As a recognized authority in data warehouse solutions, spanning staging area, data warehouse, data stores and operational data stores etc., you will strategically advise and shape requirements data warehousing solutions and create high-quality supporting data, application and technology architectures. of the business needs while leading the realization from the design to the implementation of the final solution. The successful holder must possess a BSc. IT/IS degree with at least 7 years working in IT, including 5+ years in data warehousing with at least 5 project lifecycles, proficiency in ETL, SSIS, Talend, SAP Data Services, SAP , Non-SAP, UML, OO, SOA, Agile, TOGAF, SQL, Python, Snowflake, Teradata, Oracle 12c, Informatica, Cloudera & Alteryx. You will need in-depth knowledge of data staging, data marts, operational data marts, and reporting applicable to the retail business domain.
- Define and continuously improve the data warehousing architecture framework and solution architecture modeling standards.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of business strategy and changes to business priorities.
- Define a structured data warehouse architecture approach and methodology to capture key business views.
- Architect the next-generation data warehousing framework built on a group of core technologies.
- Align with enterprise data reference architecture to meet enterprise and regulatory information governance needs, such as information security, information management company, POPI, PCI, etc.
- Identify, define and communicate standards, guidelines, formats, meta-models, policies, best practices and governance practices for data warehouse architectures and designs.
- Ensure that the data warehousing approach integrates with the methodologies and processes of the rest of the enterprise architecture team.
- Stay abreast of best practices and/or new developments in the field of data warehousing and related disciplines and drive adoption as appropriate.
- Define and create solution-level data warehousing architecture models that are aligned with business plans, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application and technology standards.
- Analyze business requirements and create related data warehousing architectures and designs for base (“as is”) and target (“to be”) solution architectures.
- Define data warehousing architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality assurance checks on data warehousing architectures and designs and apply quality compliance criteria to define policies and standards.
- Perform quality checks on existing data warehousing architectures and designs to identify areas of potential business risk and make reengineering recommendations.
- Ensure data warehouse security complies with information security governance policies and standards.
- Provide expert data warehousing guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs conform to data warehousing technology standards, and perform architecture and design reviews in under the architecture review committee.
- Be clearly identified as the technical lead for data warehousing and provide technical guidance and leadership in proposals, RFIs, RFPs and BI project teams.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test, and deployment phases in accordance with architectural principles and standards.
- Mentor senior developers/designers/business analysts to become solution architects.
- Define and develop the overall data warehousing architecture landscape in partnership with the Domain Architect, Data Analytics team and other Solution Architects.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with Architecture Principles, Architecture Framework, Cloud Reference Architectures, define technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Provide advice and guidance to peers with respect to data warehousing solution designs ensuring designs adhere to industry best practices and standards.
- Diploma in Information Systems / B Sc in Computer Science (or similar) – Essential.
- Work experience in the IT industry.
5 years and over:
- Experience working in data warehousing with at least 5 project lifecycles.
- Experience in the retail industry with an understanding of retail business processes.
- ETL integration technologies (SSIS, Talend, SAP Data Services, etc.).
- Experience working with data modeling tools.
- Worked on projects across multiple applications, SAP and non-SAP.
- Experience in all aspects of IT projects, from business analysis, architectures, systems analysis and design to development, testing, implementation and production support (SDLC).
- Excellent design and architectural skills and proven track record of delivering well-designed complex enterprise-class systems.
- Identification and formulation of solution architecture and alternative solutions and their evaluation.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
3 years and over:
- Excellent technical development and ability to mentor others to improve their design and development skills.
- Lead a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects, and other software development team members.
- Experience with research and current standards in solution architecture.
- Architecture and design of solutions (UML, OO, SOA, etc.).
- S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid experience in architecting successful delivery solutions.
- Develop proposals and excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of designing and using (multi-dimensional) data warehouses and using ETL software to provide information to them.
- Experience using an RDBMS and advanced skills in query languages, particularly SQL and Python.
- Experience using BI solutions, decision support systems, OLAP technology and multi-dimensional data.
- Experience with modern data warehousing technologies such as Snowflake, Teradata, Oracle 12c, Informatica, Cloudera, Alteryx, etc.
- Experience in handling large volumes of data and files, in a batch and real-time integration environment.
- Experience in project management of medium-sized projects.
- Business and commercial understanding of the retail industry.
- Experience with AWS BI related technologies (e.g. Talend, EMR, Kinesis, Selenium, Athena, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience with data monetization business models.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and logical skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and animation.
- Strong conflict management.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position