We are looking for a Product Owner (f / m / d) Licenses to join our headquarters in Berlin. You are a thorough and very flexible, wholehearted team player and communicator, eager to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG. You understand the music industry as a whole and are also able to delve into details as needed.
- Own software products used by our Creative & Sync Licensing and Music Production teams
- Connect with users from the Creative & Sync Licensing and Production Music teams to understand them and their needs.
- Be the voice of the customer and make sure our software products help business users achieve better results
- Evaluate the value of work using best practices within product management (Agile / Scrum)
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across projects
- Planning of releases in collaboration with development teams and ongoing communication with company stakeholders.
- Evaluate ROI, develop business cases, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall company and product strategy
- Ensure a good balance between the development of the feature set and the ongoing resolution of technical debt
- Take an active role in resolving bottlenecks preventing the success of critical business tasks
- Empathy for the needs of business users and passion for software product development
- Experience in managing, inspiring and developing product management teams
- Proven track record as a product owner or product manager in expanding business capabilities, growing revenues or saving costs
- Preferably previous experience in the music industry and related IT systems / applications
- Experience in understanding business requirements, basic customer needs and their clear transformation into digital products your users love to use
- Demonstrated ability and intrinsic desire to engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, but being able to say no and make and defend the difficult calls needed to better serve the company at large and customers
- Experience working closely with engineers, agile and / or Scrum teams and the ability to cascade where this is the most appropriate approach
- A bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in technology or business with excellent professional skills in oral and written English, German is a plus
- Experience and willingness to work with internal and outsourced / offshore teams
Now let’s see what’s there for you
- A fair and transparent business model and business structure
- Varied and autonomous tasks and flexible working hours in a comfortable and pleasant working atmosphere
- Occasional in-house concerts – to hear all the awesome stuff we produce every day
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about music, including industry veterans who still have a great and unique story to share
What you need to know about us
- BMG is a new kind of music company in the digital age formed twelve years ago with a constant emphasis on fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters.
- Unique for its size, BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide
- It is already the fourth largest player in music publishing in the world and one of the biggest recording players in Europe.
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job. We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our business.
Do not hesitate to apply in German or English.