As a Project Manager within the Marketing team, you will be responsible for leading marketing strategy and initiatives for a wide range of AWAL artists. Acts will include emerging and developing artists, as well as more established artists. You will already have some experience managing your own artist campaigns at a front line label and be familiar with managing marketing projects. You will be a digital native with a digital first approach to campaigns and a deep understanding of the development of social and music platforms and the opportunities they provide. This would suit someone who already has a year or two of experience at a frontline label or equivalent, who has managed their own projects and is ready for their next step in a junior manager role.
What you will do:
- Design and implement innovative calendars and marketing strategy for selected AWAL artists
- Communicate and seek to implement marketing best practices, new developments and strategies with clients
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with AWAL’s global marketing teams
- Oversee the delivery and deployment of all assets for Designated Artist campaigns
- Manage marketing campaign budgets
- Oversee the setup and execution of clients’ physical and digital production
- Set clear campaign goals and targets that all key stakeholders must buy into
- Find and manage media promotional partners for projects
- Work with internal teams including A&R, Audience Development, Global Business Partnerships, Sync, Brand Partnerships and Operations teams as well as external partners
- Advise on digital marketing, advertising and social media strategies to maximize results, engagement and growth in collaboration with the
- Audience development team
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue goals
- Monitor and analyze release performance using third-party analytics and tools
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Build strong relationships with clients and internal team members to build trust and continue to effectively drive campaigns
- Consistent and effective communications with clients and internal team members who embrace AWAL values
- Successfully manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced work environment and prioritizing workload
- Set campaign goals and targets at the start of every campaign
- Keeping abreast of the campaign budget and its impact on campaign planning and execution on a regular basis
Who are you:
- You should already have some music marketing experience at a record label, music distributor, artist or label service company, artist management company
- You will be familiar with the AWAL business model and company values
- You will have a solid understanding of the inner workings and deliverables required for the global music release lifecycle, as well as digital and physical distribution, metadata and marketing.
- You are comfortable hiring and working with third-party promotion teams and creative teams/agencies
- You have a great knowledge of the DSP landscape and its impact on marketing campaigns
- You will have a general understanding of what labor releases mean in a global market
- You will have experience implementing effective paid media advertising and an awareness of how to identify the audiences you want to target
- Willing to take a hands-on approach and be ready to perform a wide range of tasks to execute the campaign start-up, entrepreneurial spirit, with a preference for teamwork and collaboration
As an active member of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s goal is for our workforce to be diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of merit, qualifications, skills and talent. We apply this policy without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability. an individual.