Montgomery Sisam Architects is looking for an experienced Architect / Intermediate Technologist.
Montgomery Sisam designs buildings with the past, present and future in mind. We respect the contexts we occupy, we defend our clients and we deliver sustainable architecture.
We are a group of architects, designers and technicians from diverse backgrounds and sharing a social conscience. Our process is based on a sense of responsibility to the public, guided by dialogue and research, and focused on social, economic and environmental sustainability. Since 1978, we have created spaces for living, learning and healing, carrying out a wide variety of projects. While our work spans multiple sectors and scales, our goal is cohesive: to provide an architecture that people connect to.
We believe that exceptional architecture begins with curiosity, and through a personalized and rigorous approach, we strive to generate work with a local presence and global impact.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Problem solving and collaboration within a team to resolve design and technical issues.
- Production of diagrams, mass models, shadow studies, etc.
- Production of project documentation, working drawings and details.
- Coordination and collaboration with sub-consultants.
- Coordination with material suppliers / Product research.
- 4-5 years of minimum experience.
- Must be proficient in Revit, including having completed a contract document defined in Revit.
- Knowledge of AutoCad, Sketchup, Enscape, Bluebeam and Adobe software is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of OBC. Other provinces an asset.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess an understanding of construction details.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Due to the nature of our job, you may be subject to a criminal reference check and must be able to pass government security clearance programs / vulnerable sector clearance programs.
Please send your CVs and portfolios directly to [email protected] with the title: Architect / Intermediate Technologist.