Look up and you probably don’t see much. Maybe a plane, the occasional helicopter and, of course, a weird bird. Not for a long time…
At Altitude Angel, we envision a future where drones are poised to revolutionize the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can safely fly alongside other forms of more traditional aviation.
Since 2014, we have steadily grown our team beyond our Reading headquarters, while expanding our network in Europe, attracting some of the best minds and talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries around the world, enabling more than 50,000 safe drone flights each month, including everything from transporting life-saving drugs in sub-Saharan Africa to delivering coffee and burgers in Republic of Ireland.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we are looking for people willing to help us build and deliver the solutions that have the potential to change the world.
If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the airline revolution, apply today.
About the role:
Working on the Altitude Angel team means you will work with industry leaders and those who are literally at the forefront of automated aviation and the next era of aviation. You will contribute directly to building the skyscape of the future.
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national core technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and proactive Product Owner to join our Product team. You will own our GuardianUTM Enterprise portfolio, which means balancing the execution of our overall product vision and roadmap alongside a continuous improvement program that takes customer and user feedback and discovers and implementing the most valuable new features.
Our ideal candidate will have a high level of technical acumen, be thorough and passionate about delivery.
- Convert our vision and roadmap into actionable work items (user stories)
- Drive the identification and articulation of new product updates – value, value, value
- Serve as a customer spokesperson within engineering teams
- Manage Backlog against business requirements – prioritization, sequencing and execution
- Support our engineering teams in optimizing the agile development process
- Own, set and maintain a high quality bar for posting product updates
- Influencing and supporting the articulation of our roadmap
- Gather ideas and feedback from stakeholders on areas where our products can be improved
- Ensure excellent communication on product updates
- Support the definition and reporting of KPIs and performance measures
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Able to juggle multiple concurrent projects, balancing priorities and dependencies
- Able to rapidly consume and extend domain and market knowledge
- Driven, creative, a natural problem solver with excellent attention to detail
- Good judgment and the ability to say no, when appropriate, to ensure focus on delivering impactful and timely products
- 2+ years of proven experience in product ownership, execution and delivery of SaaS applications, primarily in the B2B space
- Experience working in a highly agile environment
- Technical acumen (no expectation of coding but must be able to have deep enough knowledge to discuss technical implementation) – so a technical background is strongly preferred.
- Bonus points for experience in owning mobile products
At Altitude Angel, we are committed to creating a positive work environment that empowers our employees to be the best version of themselves. Through personalized career development plans and generous work-life balance considerations, we help our team work in the best way for them.
- 25 days of vacation plus public holidays
- Company pension plan
- £3,000 Employee Referral Scheme
- Quarterly team socials
To apply for this position, send your details to [email protected]