Please note that this role will require you to be in the office during your probationary period and then, depending on workload, on a hybrid/flexi basis.
The role of an experienced Product Owner is to be part of a cross-functional team and contribute to the full development life cycle, from design to deployment and maintenance of our products and services.
You will work closely with Business Unit Leaders and focus on growing, defining, prioritizing and evaluating incoming and outgoing work from the software development teams to ensure flawless features and functionality of your products.
You will influence the customer experience and journey, as well as the prioritization and launch roadmaps of your products. You are disciplined, an active listener, and a creative and strategic thinker.
Education and knowledge required
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field/and/or outstanding experience
- A proven track record of delivering solutions with a customer-focused mindset.
- Proven experience in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams.
- A high degree of skill in prototyping, iterative development and understanding of Scaled Agile principles.
- 6 years of direct experience as a Product Owner in the Financial Services industry.
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps techniques.
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies.
- Product management.
- Management of stakeholders and their expectations.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Experience with defining minimum marketable characteristics and minimum viable products.
- Knows how to define the product roadmap.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Be the voice of the customer and own the product roadmap.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze requirements and align product roadmaps with strategic objectives.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Resolve product issues, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track against company deliverable commitments.
- Write goals and key results, strategies, and apply product data to make business decisions.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Responsible for the product(s) created, delivering the product model and communicating product needs with business partners.
- Assess value, develop cases and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work is focused on those with maximum value and aligned with product strategy.
- Identifies and helps the customer understand the business model, value and value proposition.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Develop sufficiently detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development team.
- Work closely with product management and senior management to create a product that aligns with the company’s portfolio.
- Research and analyze competitors, industry, market, users and product roadmap.
- product owner
- financial services
- product roadmap
- customer focused
- product feature specifications
- to research
Desired work experience:
Employer and Benefits:
- Retirement pension
- performance bonuses
- Group Risk Insurance
- Medical Aid Gap Coverage
Find out more/Apply to this position