|Remote work:||Some telecommuting allowed|
The Account Manager is responsible for the successful leadership of the client’s business team across all relevant departments to deliver solutions that will ultimately grow Incubeta’s clients’ business as well as their own.
This would include developing and managing client strategies and/or solutions, as well as internally managing business expectations through day-to-day and strategic account management.
The Account Manager must build strong relationships with customers at a senior level to build trust and enable transparent working relationships at all levels of the relationship.
This role is required to provide leadership to internal teams, particularly Account Managers, within their client portfolio. Account Manager mentorship and growth is a key requirement.
So what is an account manager?
The purpose of the role is to partner with Incubeta’s clients and truly interrogate and understand their business needs. Working with the broader advisory and strategy teams, the account manager must be able to translate this insight into solutions that will move their clients’ business forward.
Ultimately, the Account Manager should grow their client base by adopting a client-centric approach, providing the highest level of service at all touchpoints in our business and theirs.
Position within the organization
- Leads a portfolio of accounts, across customer service and into operations, media planning, consulting and delivery.
- Collaborates with counterparts in other teams to identify better ways of working and/or new services.
- Reporting to the Business Unit Director.
- Cultivate customer relationships to achieve business goals and identify potential future opportunities (cross-selling, up-selling)
- Develop clients’ strategies on different digital channels or Incubeta services based on their business needs, resulting in customer growth and increased revenue.
- Develop, manage and implement client portfolio financial plans, including forecasting, profitability tracking, ad negotiation, etc.
- Translate client needs and provide strategic alignment and guidance to achieve client business objectives, including taking detailed notes, compiling cost or scope of work estimates, debriefing internal teams.
- Present solution presentations, media strategies, performance reports to gain meaningful insights into client needs and their business
- Drive organizational growth through client objectives by developing and implementing digital marketing strategies and an overall digital transformation roadmap.
- Oversee the execution of campaigns or project plans to ensure client goals are met on time. Keep the management team informed of the status of customer accounts
- Promote the tools, philosophies and techniques of Incubeta and apply them appropriately to the design, analysis and interpretation of strategies and projects.
- Prepare and manage annual, quarterly and monthly client billings, forecasts and budgets.
- Co-create and collaborate with other departments to ensure high quality campaigns and projects are delivered to clients
- Provide advice to all internal departments or other parties based on client expectations
- Through close relationships with clients, continuously develop the strategic direction of each client account and ensure communication of any changes in direction to internal teams
- Ensure client accounts are effectively managed and workflow processes are adhered to.
- Be the first point of contact for portfolio clients and manage all communications between clients and Incubeta in an efficient, transparent and professional manner. This includes setting up meetings, conducting meetings, taking detailed notes, providing clients with status reports, etc.
- 4-5 years of customer service experience within a digital media/technology consulting agency, ideally in a performance environment.
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing environment (paid media experience is essential).
- Advanced level of budget management experience
- Advanced level of experience in managing teams ensuring they meet client business objectives and meet agreed service level agreement requirements
- Advanced level of project management experience
- Advanced level of experience in developing digital marketing strategies across various digital platforms
- 1+ years of experience as an Account Manager / Business Unit Manager.
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform
- Knowledge of digital transformation projects
- Experience with project management tools such as Podio, Jira or Slack
- RCMP experience
- Mobile/app experience
- Up-to-date Google certifications
- Intermediate level of experience working on Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs, Drive, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, fast and agile environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to quickly earn the trust of customers and the internal team
- Ability to build strong relationships and be seen as a trusted partner by customers and not just a service provider.
- Ability to work independently or manage a team, but both drive service delivery excellence and ultimately revenue growth.
- Ability to lead and coach a team to enable team development.
Key skills and work ethic
- Positive Influencer – a positive team leader who keeps the team motivated. Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of team morale and a happy, healthy culture.
- Operational Efficiency – someone who can split into multiple tasks simultaneously working smart, efficiently and effectively.
- Meticulous – while we want someone efficient, they also need to pay attention to all the details and make sure they dot all the I’s and T’s. They should do things once and do them correctly. This requires a strong sense of pride in their work and ensuring that all products undergo rigorous quality control. Organization is key on these portfolios.
- Bigger picture mentality – as a business unit manager, this person must be able to step back and understand the big picture and how all the different components of a media, creative and technology services and how they affect each other instead of looking at channels in isolation.
- Time management – identify urgent and important tasks and priorities to ensure delivery to the client and other stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills – we want someone who can relate both internally and externally. As the point of contact between the Incubeta team members, the client and the partners, this person will need to have strong leadership qualities.
- Solution-oriented – we need someone who can think things through and find quick solutions to everyday problems. They should see every problem as a challenge to overcome
- Delivery responsibility on projects – manages customer expectations for quality, cost and schedule. Clients in this portfolio have a very strict process in terms of deadlines and this process must be carefully managed.
- Financial acumen – this person must be able to assume full internal and campaign financial ownership. This includes, but is not limited to, managing invoices, purchase orders, and project budgets, including task reconciliations
- Strategic mindset – these portfolios have a strong media, creative and technology focus and ensuring understanding of the client’s strategy is key to formulating a solution offering to achieve the client’s business objectives.
If you think you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please note that if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of your application, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 08 Feb. 2:44 p.m., Closing date April 9